Version 1.1.5 (Approved)

I'll keep this thread updated when a new version is awaiting approval

Version 1.1.5 (Approved)

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Version 1.1.5 which is going up for review next week, will be the last version that works on iPhone/iPod Touch devices running an iOS below 4.0.

This also means that the next version (1.2.0) will not be out before the iPad has gotten the iOS4 update.

iOS4 introduces some great performance enhancements to some of my core functions, which can only be utilized if I drop support for earlier OSes.

Version 1.1.5 will introduce the following fixes/features:

* Added Flickr to upload locations.
* Image selection is now saved on exit and then resumed on startup (if the app is not set up to start in collection overview).
* Added a setting to turn screen-sleep on/off while being inside a collection. (Through the Settings app)
* Images saved to the Photos app are now the full images, not resized.
* Saving images to the Photos app are now done in a modal window instead of in the background.
* When copying images, the original file is copied, not a resized representation.
* Copying image to pasteboard is now done from the popover that appears when tapping and holding an image in the filmstrip.
* Tidied up the Bonjour broadcast name.
* Location passwords are now saved securely in the device keychain.
* Tap and hold code optimized to be more precise.
* Save/Connect/Edit/Done/Close buttons moved to fit to Apple's default scheme.
* Changed the position of the export button. It's now on the far left, keeping all the other tools in the same place no matter if you're logged in as superuser or not.
* Optimized loading of collections. The app now opens quickly and shows the loading progress.
* Optimized adding of incoming files.
* Added link to the online manual in the about-text.
* The size of the filmstrip can now be changed from the Settings app.
* Removed Eye-Fi debugging from the settings.
* With a Little Help from My Friends. Eye-Fi setup is now easy peasy. A big thanks to Eye-Fi Inc.
* The Crop Mask button is now Image Overlays. Added an Image Mask feature, where one can add an image as a fixed overlay.
* Added French localization.
* Canon WFT transmitters can now complete a setup-test!

I'm sorry to drop a confusion bomb on you all - the new placements of the buttons. This should have been done right from the start.. Well, better late than never. Now the buttons follow the standard Apple scheme. Needs a little getting used to.
The export button has also been moved to the far left of the toolbar. This way buttons "stay in their place" and it makes star-rating images a little easier.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it on The App Store, Toot about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Version 1.1.5 (not submitted for review yet)

Postby Paul » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:26 am

Any plans to get it to work with the iPad camera connection
Paul

Re: Version 1.1.5 (not submitted for review yet)

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Yes. The plans are there - but the Kit isn't yet.. :) Once I get my hands on it, I'll see what I can do!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it on The App Store, Toot about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Version 1.1.5 (Submitted for review July 1st)

Postby eazycompany » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:36 pm

I've got a bad feeling Apply are not going to approve this app, its like with all the good ideas people come up with that they want to keep for themselves.

Anyway fingers crossed, I want the image overlay feature so we can shoot with out product templates as overlays for images.
eazycompany

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:03 pm

No need to worry just yet.

I think they're very busy at the moment, with a lot of apps being updated to iOS4/Retina compatible versions.
Still, here's hoping it will be approved soon..
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Ikyo » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:50 pm

It will be great when the WFT can complete a setup test. I kept getting stuck and not being able to complete the walk through because it wouldn't connect.
Ikyo

Postby TheBrew » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah.. that was a nasty one.

Looking into the stuff, it looks like the WFTs are a bit too picky.

The FTP server in 1.1.4 is returning "250" when a directory is created. The WFT wants to hear "257".

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FT ... turn_codes it should in fact just react to the first two digits (positive, fileaction). The third digit is just there to point to the exact action that was performed.

Anyway, that's no excuse - the server in 1.1.5 returns "257" now when creating directories.

Sorry about the bug :(
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Version 1.1.5 (Approved)

Postby TheBrew » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 am

Approved. Should be available within the next 24 hours.

Ikyo - I'd love to hear if things are working for you now.. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby eazycompany » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:39 am

Great news! I checked the app store and while it shows 1.1.5 as being the current release plus notes about the release, the actual release is not there yet for download. I am sure it will be soon and I look forward to giving it a try. Thanks for your great work.

Where do you see yourself going with this application and which market are you aiming at? Would you consider doing a custom app for enterprise release built around some of the existing functionality but customized to our specific needs? One thing that springs to mind immediately is that the export to FTP create folders the same name as the collection.
eazycompany

Postby eazycompany » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:12 am

Ok its available, didnt want to dl to the ipad but updated fine to itunes then synced. Now to make image overlay work :)
eazycompany

Next

Return to Current app review status