Version 2.1.4 (Approved)

I'll keep this thread updated when a new version is awaiting approval

Version 2.1.4 (Approved)

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:09 pm

2.1.4 is on the final stage, translation, and once that's done, I'll be submitting it to the App Store for review. Until then, here's the feature spoiler:

* Better multitasking support. (Check the settings)
* It's now possible to use the Transmit "mount as disk" feature with the active collection folder.
* The thumbnails in the collection overview now represents the last viewed photo. If you like the old way, you can turn off "Thumbnail is current photo" in the settings.
* Stretching a collection thumbnail with 2 fingers will now let you peek into the collection and see a little size info on it.
* Added the ability to let ShutterSnitch Backup only backup rated photos.
* You can now reset the superuser password by connecting your device to iTunes and uploading a file named "resetpassword" to ShutterSnitch using the Apps > Filesharing feature.
* The histogram now pops more to the side, obscuring the photo less.
* IPTC metadata writing supported for the current basic fields.
* Fixed a bug that would make an open mail-sheet lose focus if a new photo arrived.
* Added a setting to start browsing from the first photo every time you enter a collection.
* Added a Tips feature. Only adding 1 hint, but at least now it's implemented..
* Actions are now saved inside "tasks" so you can have multiple presets to switch between.
* Failed actions will now be added to a queue that can be run again / at a later time.
* Actions are now available from the export/selection screen.
* Invert-selection button added to the export/selection screen.
* Images displayed on an external screen now matches its resolution. (old max size was 1280 pixels)
* Added a "Move to collection" action.
* Added a "Condition" action that'll let you set up conditional actions.
* ShutterSnitch Backup and FTP transfers from the device have been optimized to use much less memory.

Please take a minute to check out my latest blog-post!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Version 2.1.4 (Approved)

Postby stefdnk » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi
Just downloaded the 2.1.4 and was looking forward to the IPTC feature.
But I still cannot see any caption ?
Not in Photo Mechanic IPC and not in PS CS5 in the description field .
And one more thing - the copyright field and the photographer and credit field only shows 14 characters. Unfortunately there are 16 characters in my name :-(
stefdnk

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Just checked, and checked again here - and caption (description), byline, and copyright show up fine in my PS CS5.

I made it update to a 31 character long copyright info - all characters are there.

Could you send me a private message and attach a photo that has had its metadata updated by the new ShutterSnitch version, but doesn't show the info on your computer?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby msatter » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:38 pm

* Stretching a collection thumbnail with 2 fingers will now let you peek into the collection and see a little size info on it.

When I use it on my iPad 1 JB then I get a circle of pictures and in the middle the name of the collection and the number of pictures and the total memory use. However how can I go back to the collection?

I have now to kill te ShutterSnitch process to be able to use ShutterSnitch further.
msatter

Postby TheBrew » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Does it just freeze? Can you resize the circle using your fingers?

I don't have the problem on my iPad 1 ..non-jailbroken..
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby msatter » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Yes, Shuttersnitch freezes/crashes and this is random so I can have then times no problem and then it will freeze up on the first attempt.

I still got 4.32 on my iPad.
msatter

Postby TheBrew » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:20 pm

If it crashes, could you sync your device and leave me a private message with the crash log files?

Here's how to get them
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby msatter » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:37 pm

TheBrew wrote:If it crashes, could you sync your device and leave me a private message with the crash log files?

Here's how to get them

I did not get a crash-log so I tried other things when ShutterSnitch stopped working. So now, I tried some more and I can't reach the collections underneath the frozen darkened screen however I can create an new album on which ShutterSnitch enters that new album automaticly. The next step is going going back to the collection screen in which now the collections are overlayed over the frozen screen. It is an mess looking at all the collections and the frozen view underneath.

When I now enter a collection the frozen screen is cleared and I can go back and delete the temporary new collection.

This new option is not something I would use often.
msatter

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:18 pm

I would imagine.

Since noone else is reporting this problem, perhaps an install of the latest non-JB firmware would do wonders. That, or don't use the feature :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby msatter » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:00 pm

TheBrew wrote:I would imagine.

Since noone else is reporting this problem, perhaps an install of the latest non-JB firmware would do wonders. That, or don't use the feature :)

Noooooooway!! Then I would loose MyWi, which is the greatest companion to ShutterSnitch according to me. I will not touch that new feature in ShutterSnitch again. ;-)
msatter

Return to Current app review status