Eye-Fi Direct Mode?

Lego Tech

Eye-Fi Direct Mode?

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Eye-Fi Direct Mode?

Postby 3dcnc » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Will direct mode come to the Ipad or is it just for windows,android and maybe other Linux tablets?

Surely this is direct competition for Shuttersnitch?
3dcnc

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:10 pm

As I understand it, Direct Mode = the Eye-Fi X2 card will be able to spawn a software Access Point with its own SSID that any wireless client can connect to. That means that your iPad/any device would be able to join that network eliminating the need for a hardware router/access point.

Very good news for Eye-Fi X2 users who wants to be mobile with ShutterSnitch.

I'm sure there's going to be some sort of software from Eye-Fi themselves to transfer the pictures with - but hey, competition is good news for the end user! :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Widphoto » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Sounds great, no need for jailbreak on iphone/ipad then? Hopefully, Eye-Fi will not be able to shut you out of this direct connection opportunity. Russ
Widphoto

Postby TheBrew » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:34 pm

No need for jailbreaks no :)

And no, I don' think Eye-Fi will shut anybody out! From what I've experienced they're just happy that more people are using their product.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:07 pm

It's out, it's live, it's awesome. See how to set it up.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby camerafann » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:42 am

Say goodbye Virgin Mobile MiFi, Direct Mode works great, thank you for the update
camerafann

Return to Interesting stuff