Personal hotspot in iOS4.3?

Lego Tech

Re: Personal hotspot in iOS4.3?

Postby TheBrew » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:10 am

tunafish wrote:Can one use the iPhone 4 to both use the "personal hotspot" feature and receive this pics on the same iPhone 4 with ShutterSnitch?
In that case I might change my 3Gs for the 4, postponing buying the iPad 2 when Eye-Fi releases the "Direct Mode" update.

Yup, you can - just male sure that Personal Hotspot is supported by your carrier.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jarnt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:17 pm

TheBrew wrote:
jarnt wrote:When I start Personal Hotspot for my iPhone 4 with IOS 4.3 - I get the message "No network connection" in ShutterSnitch.
I have for a long time used MyWi (jailbrake) to direct transmission from EyeFi card to iPhone4 without a router. Does that mean ShutterSnitch and Personal Hotspot in IOS 4.3 does not work together?

Are you using the latest version of ShutterSnitch (2.0.2)?

You can check this by opening ShutterSnitch, going to the collection overview, tap the Options button in the top left corner and pick "About". The version will be in the window title.

I was using 2.0.0b2, so the problem is fixed with the 2.0.2 update. Thanx!
Transfering fram Nikon D3s with WT-4 works fine. A major advantage of Apple's solution for the personal hotspot is that it appears that the iPhone has the same IP address each time. Then you do not have to change the IP address of FTP server on the camera every time. (Listening info in ShutterSnitch)
jarnt

Postby davej » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 am

Is it possible that once the connection is made using iOS4.3 to shut down the hotspot and still transfer pictures.
In Ron Galbraith's DPI FAQ. He used a MIiwi and was able to shut it down after the initial connection was made.
Is this possible with the iPhone hotspot. I can get the pictures to transfer no problem when the hotspot is open, but when
it is shut off, nada.
Is this because the connection is different??? Sorry for my ignorance, please enlighten me.
It would be great to use the iPhone to set things up but be able to turn it off and preserve battery power on the phone.
davej

Postby TheBrew » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:26 am

I couldn't imagine that it would be possible no :(
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Previous

Return to Interesting stuff