Image importing

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Image importing

Postby Mitch Gunn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:15 am

Is it possible to import images via FTP from a camera on an ethernet cable? I am hoping to get images from a remote camera live. The workflow would be lan cable from 1dx set to ftp images to ip address (as per set up guide) with log in and password to root folder. I already ftp images from 2 bodies via wft but the remote would have to be wired in via a network cable.
Mitch Gunn

Re: Image importing

Postby TheBrew » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:46 am

I’m not sure if I understand you correctly. I assume your iOS device connects to your WiFi router - can’t you just connect the Ethernet cable to your router so they’re on the same network?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Mitch Gunn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:18 pm

The LAN cable is connected onto a different network as it would be the other side of a stadium. My iPad and cameras are on a private network served through my MIFI unit.
Mitch Gunn

Postby TheBrew » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Oh, then I'm afraid the answer is no (or at least out of my range of expertise, sorry).
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Mitch Gunn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Shame. I shall have to look at another way of getting my remote images live.
Mitch Gunn

Postby msatter » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:35 am

Does your MiFi has access to the lan network and can the MiFi see the camera IP address.
It is possible to use a router or the stadium could provide the connection and network translation between their and your network. They could even provide VLAN so you are separated from others in the network.
msatter

Return to Other Questions