Transfer Actions

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Transfer Actions

Postby Mitch Gunn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:21 am

Is it possible to transfer actions between my iPad and my iPhone as I am truly lazy and can't be bothered to retype all my FTP settings a 2nd time.
Mitch Gunn

Re: Transfer Actions

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:37 am

To save you a minute of reading: for your situation, no.

Still here? Well, there kind of is, but actions containing tags, export locations, metadata presets or any other locally saved settings, you’ll have to set those up again and reconnect them in the action.

In short: it’s easier to just set it up again from scratch. But here’s how you’d “transfer” the action task:

While editing the tasks you can tap and hold a task to copy it. That copies it as a pastable string to the clipboard. You can paste that string into a mail or note and then copy that string on the other device. From there you can paste it to the tasks list by tapping and holding any row while editing.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Mitch Gunn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:41 am

Thanks. I will just do it the old fashioned way
Mitch Gunn

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Just a quick update: Version 4.6 added a "Share Configuration" option to the Advanced page of the in-app settings.

Using that, you can quickly transfer Actions, Locations, everything except the collections/photos themselves, to another device.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Mitch Gunn » Wed May 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Thanks I have been using it for a while.
Mitch Gunn

Postby tip » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Exporting the configuration works.
But I have not figured out (or found instructions) how to import it to another device...
Any hints?
tip

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:51 pm

If the device is on the network, you can simply AirDrop to it directly from the Share Configuration function, and it'll automatically open in ShutterSnitch.

If you've saved it to a computer or emailed it to yourself, you can just send the file to the other device and open it there. Be sure ShutterSnitch is installed on the device before opening the file.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions