Multiple PTP/IP cameras

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Multiple PTP/IP cameras

Postby Clem » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:33 am

Hello, Version 5.0 'Added support for connecting to multiple PTP/IP cameras at a time' - could anybody explain how this can be achieved? I tried it with two Nikon Z6 and only one at a time is ad hoc connected. How could multiple Nikon Z6 or other cameras could be connected? I always have to chose the wifi in the settings menu of the iPhone or - later - in Shuttersnich directly. But only one at a time possible. Thanks a lot, Clem
Clem

Re: Multiple PTP/IP cameras

Postby TheBrew » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:51 am

I can understand that you're puzzled!

As you say, it doesn't make sense since you can only have the iOS device and the camera connected on an ad-hoc network. Two cans on a string.

The thing is, some PTP/IP cameras also support connecting over a local wi-fi network. And once you do that more cameras can have access to ShutterSnitch at the same time, and vice versa.

Prior to version 5.0, ShutterSnitch would only connect to the first camera it encountered on a wi-fi network and all others would be ignored.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Multiple PTP/IP cameras

Postby Clem » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:44 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply - now I understand a little better.
Clem

Return to Other Questions