Bulk Deleting Content

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Bulk Deleting Content

Postby BruceFoster » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:17 am

Hi

I have been testing the software a bit and am looking at my workflow.

I plan to use the software at events, then clear the photos after the event is finished.
I am aiming to export to dropbox as I go, using mobile data to uplink in real time.

Tests so far are looking good.

So far I can not find a way to empty a collection of the photos without deleting the collection, then re-making the collection.

Is there an easy way to do this ?

Another two options would be to have a 'delete photo' on success for uplinking to dropbox.
Another would be to move to camera roll, rather than copy to camera roll.

Both (or all) would give the workflow a lot of potential.

My aim is to be able to see which photos are left to be processed when looking at the collection.

Lastly, is there an option for 'pocket mode', I think I have seen this on other applications.

This would allow guided-access, but also stop accidental instructions going through the software as you use it.

Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks

Bruce
BruceFoster

Re: Bulk Deleting Content

Postby TheBrew » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:00 am

Enter selection mode (checkmark top-toolbar button), tap the "Select all" button at the bottom (4-checkmarks-image if the screen is small), then tap the trash-can in the top toolbar.

Tip if the selection mode button is "hiding" behind a '...' button because the screen is too narrow: Tap and hold the title-bar at the top of the screen to edit the toolbar and drag the buttons to arrange your preferred most-important buttons to be the first ones.

In Filmstrip mode the Pocket Mode is accessible by tapping the wrench-button in the toolbar. In Grid mode, it's a button you can add to the toolbar by tapping and holding the title as described above.

No pain no gain. :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Bulk Deleting Content

Postby BruceFoster » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:36 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Tried it.

Worked.

Liked it.

Thanks.

PS Also found pocket mode at the same time, very handy.
BruceFoster

Return to Other Questions