SFTP-problem

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

SFTP-problem

Postby jarnt » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:02 am

I get this error when I try to transfer pictures to a SFTP-server.
«Unable to exchange encryption keys».
When I try the same SFTP-settings on my Mac on two different programs there is no connection-problems.

What is my problem?
jarnt

Re: SFTP-problem

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:45 am

Probably not the solution, but in case you connect using a hostname: does it work if you change that hostname to the IP address instead?

If not, could you try going into the ShutterSnitch settings, scroll all the way to the bottom and turn on Traffic Inspector. Then try transferring a file again. Then copy the log and paste it in a post here.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: SFTP-problem

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:17 pm

I Googled the error and I'm pretty sure I've found the issue. According to this Stack Overflow answer it looks like libssh2 v1.7 adds support for a more secure handsake - and it turns out I'm currently using an earlier version.

I've submitted ShutterSnitch v5.6.3 to the App Store for review, and it now uses the latest v1.10.0 of libssh2. Hopefully that should fix things for you. Please let me know once the update is out.
Attachments
Skærmbillede 2022-10-25 kl. 17.06.39.png
Skærmbillede 2022-10-25 kl. 17.06.39.png (329.32 KiB) Viewed 373 times
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions