Shuttersnitch on MacBook

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Shuttersnitch on MacBook

Postby sonander » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:28 pm

Hi

I have been using Shuttersnitch on my iPad for many years now. Recently I got my self an MacBook Pro M3. I have managed most on how to use SS on a Mac but I have not figured out how to do croping unless I put crop mode into manual, then I get the handles in the corners and on the sides. How to do it with a fixed ratio?

Thanks
Peter
AIPS Sports Photographer
sonander

Re: Shuttersnitch on MacBook

Postby TheBrew » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:41 pm

When you're on the Adjustment screen you'll see two modes at the top: Crop and Zoom.

With Crop as the active mode, place the mouse pointer somewhere over the image, and then use two fingers on your trackpad to stretch and zoom to the desired crop.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it on The App Store, Toot about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby sonander » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:50 pm

Thanks Brew

I have to say it was hard to find a setting to get the gesture work smothly. When you select manual ratio you get the handles in the corners would it be possible to have those also with a fixed ratio and add something to grab to rotate the picture?

Thanks for your support

/Peter
AIPS Sports Photographer
sonander

Postby TheBrew » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:46 am

My todo list is a little crowded currently - but I’ll be sure to do something about this in a future update.

Thinking about it, someone with a Mac Mini and just a regular mouse (no touchpad) would also be in trouble..
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it on The App Store, Toot about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions