GeoTag w/ GPX or KML?

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

GeoTag w/ GPX or KML?

Postby Mick410 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Can ShutterSnitch make use of externally generated GPS log files to GeoTag photos? My mobile runs Android, so GeoSnitch is unfortunately not an option. My iPad does not have internal GPS and I'm not sure that I'd want to lug it around all day even if it did. I do have several apps to generate GPX or KML track files on the Android while I'm out and about.

If this is not an option, I'd be interested in hearing suggestions from anyone having similar equipment.
Buying an iPhone is not an option at this time.

Thanks,
Mick
Mick410

Re: GeoTag w/ GPX or KML?

Postby TheBrew » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:31 pm

ShutterSnitch already supports KML files. But the standards for where to find the information in these files are not set in stone, so it's not certain that the specific format from your Android app will work.

If you haven't tried it yet, start recording your location on your Android phone and take a couple of photos and transfer them to ShutterSnitch.

Then mail the KML file to your iPad and tap and hold it to see the "Open in.." pop-up. Pick ShutterSnitch and see if it works.

If it doesn't, feel free to attach a sample KML file in a post here and I'll see if I can make it readable in a future version. (If you can't attach it, rename the file name extension to 'txt'.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby poppap » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:00 am

Hi, I am having trouble opening .gpx/.kml generated by Garmin Connect that has been saved to Dropbox and trying to use Open In... From Dropbox to open it in ShutterSnitch.

.kml / getting "Could not load locations from file" - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ruc4u7vevzmhl ... 4.kml?dl=0
.gpx / ShutterSnitch does not come up as Open In... Destination - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pto9gkfurt4w6 ... 4.gpx?dl=0
Last edited by poppap on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
poppap

Postby TheBrew » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:07 am

Thanks for the files - I'll make sure they're supported in version 3.4.1 (the version after the one currently in review).
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions