Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

transfer to OneDrive

Postby Birillinus » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:28 pm

hi guys, I am a newentry. What about the transfer to OneDrive ? Claudio Corsi
Birillinus

Re: transfer to OneDrive

Postby TheBrew » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:35 pm

Sorry, not supported.

If I add it, I'll be sure to leave a message here so you'll be notified.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:54 pm

(Until then, let's hope Microsoft adds an extension to their OneDrive app that'll show up in the system Share sheet. If they do that, it'll automatically become a "Share" option in ShutterSnitch.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby saklotz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:02 am

I know this is an old thread, but I would like to hear from ShutterSnitch if there is any way that the "Action" copy to "Camera Roll" can be modified to preserve the original filename of the photo. This is critical to my work flow. The alternative would be to add to the options under "other location" the ability to upload directly to OneDrive as is done for Flikr, Zenfolio, SmugMug, etc.
saklotz

Postby TheBrew » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 am

The filename is preserved when saving to the camera roll. It's up to the app that retrieves it from the camera roll to restore it or not.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby saklotz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:31 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I have attached a screen capture image with two JPEGs at the end of the list showing the original file name (1D4A3186) and the file name created (IMG_0053) when the file was copied to the camera roll. I have examined the file with the changed name and cannot find anywhere in the metadata where the original file name has been preserved. Can you provide the EXIF tag or IPTC tag under which the original file name has been preserved? I cannot find it anywhere!
Attachments
image.png
Screen shot of same image with 2 different file names.
image.png (258.82 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
saklotz

Postby TheBrew » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:24 pm

The filename is not saved to the metadata of the file itself.

When files are saved to the camera roll, the Photos app makes up a new filename unique to its own database. Prior to iOS 9 the original filename was lost. But now it also saves the filename separately to its database.

When apps request the file from the camera roll they can also ask for the original filename. So if apps don't restore it, they're not behaving well.

If you're running an iOS version prior to 9 or the app you're using doesn't restore filenames, a work-around could be to update the metadata with the filename (note that this will re-compress the JPEG).
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby saklotz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:45 pm

Ok. I understand how iOS is handling the original file name. Can you name a few apps for iOS that will restore the file name. I will be testing a few apps I think will do this, while I await your answer.
saklotz

Return to Other Questions