Copy settings to new iPad

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Copy settings to new iPad

Postby ricardopinto » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:28 pm

I bought a new iPad, is there a way to export/copy/transfer all the settings to the new iPad?

Thanks,

RP
ricardopinto

Re: Copy settings to new iPad

Postby TheBrew » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:57 pm

There's no built-in export/import function in ShutterSnitch, but it's possible by backing up your old device (remember to put a check mark in "Encrypt data" so it'll remember all passwords) and then do a restore to the new device. If you don't want to do a complete restore, I think it's possible on an app-by-app basis using iExplorer.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ricardopinto » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:25 am

TheBrew wrote:There's no built-in export/import function in ShutterSnitch, but it's possible by backing up your old device (remember to put a check mark in "Encrypt data" so it'll remember all passwords) and then do a restore to the new device. If you don't want to do a complete restore, I think it's possible on an app-by-app basis using iExplorer.

Thanks, I will try
ricardopinto

Postby ricardopinto » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:37 pm

Hey,

Both Shoots and Watermarks folder are empty... where do the app save the watermarks and actions? (tried using iTunes and iExplorer)

RP
ricardopinto

Postby TheBrew » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:40 pm

I don't know. But I know that you can restore everything by backing up your old iOS device via iTunes and restoring it to the new device.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions