iphone as a camera

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

iphone as a camera

Postby raute4ever » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:57 am

Is it possible to use a iPhone (6s plus) as the camera and Shutter Snitch on a iPad receiving the pictures automatically?
How do i configure this?
raute4ever

Re: iphone as a camera

Postby TheBrew » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:15 am

It's possible - but so cumbersome that I'd rather say "no" ..unless there's some app out there that'll let you take photos and will automatically upload those to an FTP server. (I don't know of any, sorry.)

Doing it with ShutterSnitch:

Set up an action (the gear-icon in the toolbar) on the iPhone to export to an FTP location - which would be the iPad. You'll see the IP address and port when you enter a collection on the iPad. Username is "snitch" and password is the super user password you set up when you first installed the app.

Make sure you're inside a collection on the iPad and then tap the wrench icon on the iPhone, pick "Import images" -> "Camera". Take the photo, say yes to import it, and it'll be saved to the collection on the iPhone - and then sent to the iPad.

You'd have to do this wrench-import-camera-accept dance for every photo you take. So yeah, my answer leans heavily to "this is not the solution you're looking for".
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions