Location Export Times Out

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Location Export Times Out

Postby SirSteve » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:46 am

I have the path set to exactly what my FTP program has but every time it just times out according to the Traffic Inspector. Any suggetions?
SirSteve

Re: Location Export Times Out

Postby TheBrew » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:06 am

Can you share some more details?

Is it a server on your local network or are you trying to reach it over the internet?

Have you tried it on different wi-fi networks or in case it's an cellular device, from a pure cellular connection?

Have you tried connecting using a different FTP client on your iOS device?

Are you connected to a camera- / card-network while trying to send? (In this case, it'll time out because those are usually closed networks.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby SirSteve » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:20 pm

I believe it is this:

Are you connected to a camera- / card-network while trying to send? (In this case, it'll time out because those are usually closed networks.)

Still trying to figure out the workflow in all of this... meaning from camera to phone (using Canon WIFI connect) to FTP (LTE).
SirSteve

Postby TheBrew » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:21 pm

Yeah, that would explain it.

Here's how I'd do it:

1. Import the photos you'd like to later export to the FTP server.
2. Disconnect from the camera network and re-join the network that has internet access.
3. Tap the button with an arrow going out of it. Then tap the half-filled circle in the bottom right-hand corner of the filmstrip to invert the selection from none to all. Then tap the export button, select "Other Location", and tap the FTP location you've set up.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby SirSteve » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:18 am

Thanks for the suggestion.
SirSteve

Return to Other Questions