Direct Upload to FTP server while connected to SD-Card

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Direct Upload to FTP server while connected to SD-Card

Postby kaptainlu » Mon May 08, 2017 8:24 am

Hello,

I am using Shuttersnitch on an Ipad Mini with a Toshiba Flash Air SD Card. Everything is working fine.
I`m wondering, how direct/immidiate FTP-Upload over 3g/4G is possible, while the Ipad is connectet with WIFI to the Toshiba SD Card.. I have created an action there for but I always get an error...
When the Ipad is not connectet to the SD-Card, the manuel FTP-Upload works great!

Any Ideas?

Thanks
kaptainlu

Re: Direct Upload to FTP server while connected to SD-Card

Postby TheBrew » Mon May 08, 2017 9:49 am

Apps only get one network connection and wi-fi takes priority over cellular. So if you're connected to the card, there will be no internet connection.

..Unless, in the case of the Toshiba cards, you've set it up to work in "Station Mode". See https://flashair-developers.com/en/docu ... dvanced/3/

For that to work with your cellular connection, you'll need to set the card up to join the "Personal Hotspot" on your iOS device. Some carriers don't allow that, in which case you won't see the option in the Settings app at all. It should be in the Airplane mode / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / Carrier section.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions