Apple TV

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Apple TV

Postby msatter » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:04 am

I was reading that ATV4 (fourth generation) is able to run apps and is Shuttersnitch also available for that platform?

It is just for displaring the pictures in large format and the 4K version of ATV is coming.
msatter

Re: Apple TV

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:22 am

It's not available for Apple TV no. Apple TV apps can't store data permanently.

You can AirPlay from an iOS device to Apple TV though.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby msatter » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:39 am

In studio situations it is sometimes handy to having an extra screen displaying the pictures and it does not need many features. Just scroll through the pictures by the remote and you can make an extra app for ATV.

The FlashAir can have seven devices connected to it and does that mean that more instances of shutter snitch (different devices) can acces the same pictures?

In the shoot one can still switch between AirPlay and stand alone ATV.
msatter

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Unless Apple change their policy on storage (I highly doubt they will), you won't see ShutterSnitch on Apple TV. App development is not just snapping your fingers. ;)

Yes, I suspect you can connect more instances of SS to a FlashAir card and view the same photos. The card is basically just a webserver.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby msatter » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:49 pm

It is really sad that Apple does not give you access to the 32 or 64 NAND memory in the ATV4. Being NAND it will keep even the pictures available after a reboot.
msatter

Return to Other Questions