Live Preview

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Live Preview

Postby NckStevens » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:04 am

Hi

I'm considering purchasing ShutterSnitch, but before I do I need to know one very important detail.

I want to be able to connect to my Canon Eos 5D4 with wifi, have an image open full screen on shutter snitch and take another shot......I then want the shot I've just taken to appear full screen without touching the iPad.

Is this possible?

Currently I have the Canon Connect app and it won't do the above.
Also what advantages does shutter snitch give me over the standard Canon app.

Many thanks
Nick
NckStevens

Re: Live Preview

Postby TheBrew » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:44 am

Yes, you can have your photos displayed full screen and when new ones come in, ShutterSnitch will change to them without you touching the iPad.

I'm not entirely sure I'm giving you the right answer since you've titled the post "Live Preview". There is no live preview of what the camera is currently seeing.

There is no remote control of the camera. As you take photos on the camera, you can have it push those photos to ShutterSnitch.

Other features include watermarking, histogram, adding star-rating/description/byline/geo location/artist/copyright info the the file metadata, exporting to FTP/Dropbox/Zenfolio/SmugMug/Flickr/WebDAV/Google Drive/camera roll. You can also set up actions to be performed when receiving the files (to export / change metadata for example).

Here are a couple of videos of it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZiHsCWLkdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNAgzdga__0

(In those videos the chrome is visible, but if you tap the photo once, it'll take the photo full screen so that's all you see.)

I also put up some videos here ..a very long time ago, so pardon the old iOS 6 interface - but I only have so many hours in my day, and I prefer improving the app over making new videos. :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Live Preview

Postby NckStevens » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Tst
NckStevens

Return to Other Questions