No Refund possible on Apple AppStore

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

No Refund possible on Apple AppStore

Postby HansWurst90 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi,
I bought the App on the Apple AppStore today and realized it's not the right app for what I wanted to do.
I mistakenly thought it can be used for controlling the camera to take pictures.
After I tried to refund it for "accidental purchase" or "wrong purchase" I was shown the message that I can't refund it.
So I'm writing this, hoping for a little goodwill of the developer to make me able to refund it.
Thanks in advance.
HansWurst90

Re: No Refund possible on Apple AppStore

Postby TheBrew » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:37 pm

I don't have any special connections with the App Store, so I there are no strings I can pull.

As you probably know, Apple "only" pays me 70% of the price on the store. So you're asking me to give you a gift of 30%.

I probably earn less each month than any employed person you know, but sure, since this is the first time in 5 years I've had this request, I'll give you a gift. :)

Do you have a PayPal account or something I can send the money to? (You can leave me a private message with the info.)

For others reading along, this is the first and only time I'll do this. I'm 100% sure that you can get a refund if you put some pressure on Apple.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: No Refund possible on Apple AppStore

Postby HansWurst90 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:05 pm

I managed to get a refund via Apple.
It was a little more complicated than the usual workflow for "unintentional purchases" but via the support chat I was able to talk to someone.
Sorry for the inconvenience. I just thought the reason for the non-refundable purchase was a setting by the developer. Thats why I contacted you here.
So for anyone else encountering that problem. Try to talk to the Apple Support itself. not via the "Report a Problem"-From.
Have a nice day ;-)
HansWurst90

Return to Other Questions