WIFI transfer from SONY cameras

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

WIFI transfer from SONY cameras

Postby mishimayuki » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:21 am

Hi,
I see in the settings, under WIFI cameras, a Sony PlayMemories option that I have activated. Shuttersnitch appears to listen to the camera connected to the WIFI of my iPhone, but when I try to push an image from the camera nothing happens.
What is the Sony PlayMemories option all about? Is there a way I can push images from my A7R2 to Shuttersnitch?

thanks
mishimayuki

Re: WIFI transfer from SONY cameras

Postby TheBrew » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Are you selecting the "Send to Smartphone" option on the camera?

More details on Sony setup here.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mishimayuki » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi thank you.
Yes I used both

Fn> send this picture
and
Send to smartphone from the wifi settings

But when I open the collection, shuttersnitch senses the camera (Connected to ILCE..etc..) and keeps trying to connect forever. Instead if I go to the spanner menu and select import, the picture I had selected in the camera appears in the browser and it can then be imported.

rgds
mishimayuki

Postby mishimayuki » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:48 am

Any update on this?
can import images in shuttersnitch, but sony A7RII won't push images that are "sent to smartphone" when shutter snitch window is opended. Camera display shows "Connecting..." and Shuttersnitch info says "Connected to camera".

thks
mishimayuki

Postby TheBrew » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:12 am

Confirmed - on newer Sony cameras only the “Select on Smartphone” works with ShutterSnitch.

There’s a workaround though, if the camera supports sending photos via FTP. See the second picture in the Sony A9 guide.

Also note that Sony cameras have never supported transmitting photos as you take them. (In case that is what you were hoping would be possible when entering the send to smartphone mode.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions