Where's the Quick Start guide?

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Where's the Quick Start guide?

Postby PhotoGordon » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:55 pm

I've been using computers for a few years and can pretty much find my way around most new things. But ShutterSnich isn't what I would call intuitive...

A quick start guide would be helpful, if there is one can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm not finding anything helpful in the online manual. To get me started I want to connect a Fuji X-T1, download and caption some pictures.

Thanks!
PhotoGordon

Re: Where's the Quick Start guide?

Postby TheBrew » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Here's the setup guide.

If you just want to caption the photos, you can add the "Description" button to the toolbar via the wrench toolbar-button -> 'Customize toolbar'. Or you can add the "Metadata" button if you want to edit a lot more fields.

Poke around and try stuff out. :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby PhotoGordon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:43 pm

[quote="TheBrew"]Here's the [url=https://www.shuttersnitch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1880]setup guide[/url].
Poke around and try stuff out. :)[/quote]

I do like a good poke around and its usually more rewarding!

I honestly can't figure out how to get pictures from a Fuji X-T1 into SS via WiFi. If that's possible give me a clue. Then I can poke.

Thanks!
PhotoGordon

Postby PhotoGordon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:46 pm

By the way, following the link to the set up guide...

[quote]The connection is pretty simple: Start the Wi-Fi mode on your camera, join the network and enter / create a collection to have ShutterSnitch look for and pair up with the camera.[/quote]

I can do that. I can create a collection, get WiFi on the camera going, connect my iPad to the camera WiFi. But how to "have ShutterSnitch look for and pair up with the camera"?
PhotoGordon

Postby TheBrew » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:58 pm

I think you missed the "to" in 'enter / create a collection to have ShutterSnitch look for and pair up with the camera.' :)

Entering/creating a collection initiates the pairing process. Exiting a collection cuts the connection.

If you're having issues pairing, you can try turning on Traffic Inspector at the bottom of the ShutterSnitch settings and see if the log can reveal why, while trying to connect. (Feel free to copy and paste the log in a post here if you want me to take a look at it.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:13 pm

I don't have an X-T1 myself, but maybe this blog post from Julie Edwards could be helpful: https://julieedwards-x.blog/2015/08/13/ ... rent-work/
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby PhotoGordon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:36 pm

[quote="TheBrew"]I don't have an X-T1 myself, but maybe this blog post from Julie Edwards could be helpful: https://julieedwards-x.blog/2015/08/13/ ... rent-work/[/quote]

She describes being prompted to push the pictures from the camera. I don't see that. All I see is the camera asking me to launch the Fuji app on my iPad.
PhotoGordon

Postby PhotoGordon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Well I now have the prompt. But no idea what changed... I now have pictures in SS. But no idea if that was a fluke and I could do it again!
PhotoGordon

Return to Other Questions