Olympus PenF EyeFi issue

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Olympus PenF EyeFi issue

Postby Lens_Hood » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:09 am

When I use my vintage EyeFi card with this camera and a iPad a very annoying grey text box pops up in the lower right hand corner of each frame, reading: OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA. I can click it off but it just pops up again on every image. Do you know of any way to remove or turn off this feature ?

Thanks!
Lens_Hood

Re: Olympus PenF EyeFi issue

Postby TheBrew » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:01 am

Yes, turn off ‘Auto-show description’ in the Browser section of the ShutterSnitch settings.

It’s a little curious that the camera would add that to all the photos. I wonder if it’s a default text you could remove in the camera settings too. The Exif info most likely already holds the camera manufacturer, so adding that string to the caption field just seems like bad taste to me. Like stickers on a laptop.. :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Lens_Hood » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Thanks, that did it! Yet another reason why SS is amazing.
Yes agreed it is an odd thing to do, this from Olympus: Thank you for contacting Olympus Technical Support.
Unfortunately there is no method of disabling the “Olympus Digital Camera” field in the EXIF data on our cameras. It is not changed in any of the firmware updates.
Lens_Hood

Postby TheBrew » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:31 pm

:) If you’re on a quest to wipe the caption from the file, you could set up an action task to Update Metadata -> blank description, and have that be the default task to run after receiving new files.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions