How to identify 1st image of a bracketed group?

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

How to identify 1st image of a bracketed group?

Postby David_PPP » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:01 pm

I shoot a lot of real estate images using HDR. I'd like to be able to filter the images so that I can let the realtor see the first image of the bracketed set rather than have to go through all 5. According to http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/Canon.html#MultiExp, the data exists, but I can't find a way to set up to use the field called AutoExposureBracketing. If I can select images only if AutoExposureBracketing = 1 or 0 then it should give me what I need.
Does anybody know how to do this?
Please let me know.
Thanks
David
David_PPP

Re: How to identify 1st image of a bracketed group?

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Sorry, but you can only filter the filmstrip based on rating, labels, and (local to ShutterSnitch) tags.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:36 pm

I’m curious: can you give me an example of the 5 file names you end up with when taking a bracketed shot?

If they reveal their sequence, I have a workaround for you.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby David_PPP » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:35 am

Thank you very much for the follow up!
The filenames are all sequential. I've attached a screen shot. Is there any hidden way to access metadata fields within ShutterSnitch?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 7.33.24 PM.png
Screen shot of bracketed shot file names.
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 7.33.24 PM.png (473.15 KiB) Viewed 2576 times
David_PPP

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Dang. I'd hoped the filename would show what number of the bracketed shot it was.

I'll look into digging out the auto exposure metadata and post back when I know more.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby David_PPP » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Thank you so much. Do you need the metadata fields?
David_PPP

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:32 pm

I don’t understand the question..?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:42 pm

And just to be sure I won’t be wasting days working on something you can’t use: if I were to figure out how to get to AEB data, you’ll still need to be transferring all the photos to ShutterSnitch and *then* filter those down. You won’t be able to have ShutterSnitch just receive the photo with some specific metadata.
Would this be a dealbreaker for you?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby David_PPP » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:21 am

I really appreciate your responsiveness and support. It won't be a waste of time and it'll be very much appreciated.

I can see the relevant data in Lightroom using Jeffrey Friedel's metadata plugin. http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/metadata-viewer

Would you like me to send some sample files (jpg taken with Canon) and screenshots of the metadata? If so, where shall I send them?
David_PPP

Postby TheBrew » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:15 am

David_PPP wrote:Would you like me to send some sample files (jpg taken with Canon) and screenshots of the metadata? If so, where shall I send them?

Sure, I wonder if I’m doing something wrong with my AEB captures, because the main AEB metadata field is consistently 0 here, but the AEB bracketing metadata values do show -1/0/+1. Weird. It would be nice to have a batch of sample files from you for verification. You can attach the files in posts here.

Update: Video attached of how this can be accomplished in the next version (4.4.6 :). Feel free to still upload those sample files, so I can verify it'll also work on them.
Attachments

IMG_0212.mp4 [ 32.77 MiB | Viewed 2560 times ]

TheBrew
The Developer

Next

Return to Other Questions