Code Replacement issue

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Code Replacement issue

Postby athuillier » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:45 am

Hello,
I need some help with this functionality
When I caption a picture and when I want to use the Code Replacement feature:
I prepare 2 sets (2 different football teams) and tick them in the Code Replacement page. In my exemple the codes are the shirt number. It means I have two goalkeepers with the number 01, two forwards with number 09, etc...
When I write 01 in the caption, and when I press a long time on the Code replace button, only one name appears instead of two. Is it normal ?
Of course I can add a prefix to each number but I still believe 2 names should appear when I use the same code, shouldn’t they ?
Thank you
athuillier

Re: Code Replacement issue

Postby TheBrew » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:59 am

Each code must be unique, so you have to include a prefix. Each code can have more than one replacement value - those are the ones you can get to by tapping and holding.

Read more details here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2583
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby athuillier » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:26 am

OK Brian I will do.
But I transform it in a request then :-)

-> This prefix feature is useful when you write the code (with a prefix) in the caption and when you tap shortly the code replacement button . Then it replaces the code by the name. Perfect !
-> Without any prefix, when I press a long time on the code replacement button, I really believe it should show the names with the same code (usually the shirt number) of the lists I have ticked. Then, when the names appear (above the "Manage" menu) I tap the right name. It could also be an "In-code" search: the players with prefix-code "P01" and "M01" appear when I write "01" in the caption.

Cheers And again thanks for this app
athuillier

Postby athuillier » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:34 am

Hi TheBrew
I also dig up this post

I think the current Code Replace feature could work more intuitively.
For the moment, the shortcuts are unique. If I cover a match with two players No 10 (more than often...) it will be mandatory to make two different shortcuts in the lists (P10 and L10) for example. Not only do I have to prepare specific lists for ShutterSnitch, but I also have to remember who corresponds to which shortcut.
It seems more logical to me to get closer to the way Photomechanics, Google or such works and to suggest 2 or 3 answers according to the lists in the Active folder.
If I cover a football match, and type 10, I would like Shutter to offer me two solutions, the two No 10s on the pitch (so in my lists) and then I select the right one.
More optional but very practical, if I type "Aub" it would be useful if Shutter could sort and display names with the "Aub" strings in, like "Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang" that I also have to select to validate.

Thank you again !
athuillier

Postby sonander » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:26 pm

I snoot a lot of sports and use Code Replace. I always have one file for each team, I then use an identifier for team as a prefix for the numbers

Manchester United vs Liverpool FC

M goalkeeper m1 saves the shot from l23
Translates into Manchester United goalkeeper <keeper name> saves the shot from <player name>

This works perfectly for me

/Peter
sonander

Return to Other Questions