Hard rotation of vertical images

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Hard rotation of vertical images

Postby mishimayuki » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:23 pm

I have an issue. If I shoot a vertical image it then looks correctly upright in the SS browser. After transmission to an online archive, it shows as a horizontal. Had the same issue with photomechanic and had to open it in Photoshop, show it upright, and then save it back. Only then the vertical image kept its upright format.
It's like both SS and Photomechaic weren't able to perform a "hard" rotation. Is there something I'm missing in SS?
That's crucial I believe because if I have to open every image in a different application only to apply the rotation before transmitting them to database archives that otherwise would not display them correctly, I'd rather bring my laptop along then.
Any fixture?
thanks
Yukio
mishimayuki

Re: Hard rotation of vertical images

Postby TheBrew » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:35 pm

It sounds like your online archive doesn’t read the Exif orientation the camera embeds in the file.

You could set up an Action in ShutterSnitch to resize the photo when it’s received. The resized file will be saved with a standard orientation.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions