No longer possible to see Date/time for photos?

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

No longer possible to see Date/time for photos?

Postby Sune-DK » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:34 pm

I have the original, paid, ShutterSnitch package, where we paid once and then got the basic features. It's great, still. But with recent updates I seem to have lost ability to view the timestamp. I tried viewing the metadata (believe we could do so, back in the day?) - but app says I need to buy a subscription to do so...in same dialogue it says that original functionality will still be free.

And so I wonder - how to view at least date/time for a picture? I need it when importing GeoSnitch data into ShutterSnitch - if no image is found, I need to find out how much to time-shoot back/forth for GeoSnitch data to match with image.

Right now I simply cannot find a way to view the time/date for any picture within an album. What am I doing wrong.
Sune-DK

Re: No longer possible to see Date/time for photos?

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:50 am

If you're tapping the (i) button, that's the Metadata Editor, which was a paid add-on back in the day. If you bought it but have reinstalled the app in the meantime, you can restore the purchase by tapping the 'Restore' button in the subscription window.

But I have a feeling what you're looking for is the tap-and-hold the photo in the filmstrip and then picking the 'File information' option. From there you can see the date/time in the Details pane.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: No longer possible to see Date/time for photos?

Postby Sune-DK » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:56 pm

You are absolutely right - the tap-and-hold in filmstrip does the trick. Thanks!
Sune-DK

Return to Other Questions