Connection issues

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Connection issues

Postby sonander » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:08 pm

Hi.

I am not sure it is a bug, maybe anyone of you have an idea.

I use a Nikon D500 and and IphoneX, using the built in WiFi in D500. When I am at home or in another calm location there is never an issue connecting ShutterSnitch to the camera, but when I am at big events with a lot of people and photographers SS has issues to get connected. iOS connects to the camera network and SS shows the name of the network and IP address but it never gets into the connected state. I am out of ideas what could make it not to connect.

Brian or anyone else do you have some ideas. Testing is hard to do as it never happens at home.

Thanks
Peter
sonander

Re: Connection issues

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:50 pm

I don't consider being stuck in traffic during rush hour a bug, no. ;)

Not much you can do about signal noise unless you have a way of going corded instead of wireless - and I don't think that's an option on the D500(?)

Not an uncommon pain in the neck: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2162
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby sonander » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:42 am

Agree

No plans of adding USB support now when Apple has opened the USB interface, like how Lightroom mobile does in the latest versions?

Thanks
Peter
sonander

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:29 am

No, sorry.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions