Sync work on two different iCloud accounts

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Sync work on two different iCloud accounts

Postby Bazingraphy » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:10 am

Hello,
I use an iPad with a different iCloud account (can not change it), is it possible to use my active subscription on it?
PS: love the app.
Cheers
Bazingraphy

Re: Sync work on two different iCloud accounts

Postby TheBrew » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:17 am

The subscription is tied to the Apple ID, so the only way of having an active subscription on two IDs, is to pay for two subscriptions.
On the bright side one subscription covers all devices signed in with the same Apple ID. (I know that doesn’t help in your situation though, sorry.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Bazingraphy » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:23 am

That's (as you said) not a very helpful way of dealing with this issue when many paid subscription apps allow you to share subscriptions.
I can not justify the payment of two subscriptions on my work and personal devices.
Could you (please) apply a different policy to this case?
Thanks for your hard work.
Chhers
Bazingraphy

Postby TheBrew » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:18 am

I'd love to *try* and see how (or if) Family Sharing would affect my income, but once I flip the switch, Apple explicitly states there's no going back. Which pretty much means the difference between me paying my bills or not. I make just enough to get by, so I can't risk it, sorry.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Bazingraphy » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:08 am

Hi,
I totally understand, is it possible to continue this by email or in private so we can resolve this issue?
I don't want you to lose your income as the app is also very useful to us ;)
Thank you!
Bazingraphy

Postby TheBrew » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:44 am

The solution is what I said in my first reply: buy another subscription on the other Apple ID. It’s another $3 a month. I’m afraid there’s no other way as it is.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions