Connect apps to open Picture

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Connect apps to open Picture

Postby speedracer » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:54 am

Hi!

If i tap and hold a Photo i have the option "Open in..." I have Photogene installed on my iPhone to edit my photos. How can i connect Photogene to Shuttersnitch?

Greets, Speedy
speedracer

Re: Connect apps to open Picture

Postby TheBrew » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Photogene needs to be installed on the same device as ShutterSnitch in order to show in the "Open in" list.

I'm guessing that you have ShutterSnitch installed on another device than your phone? In that case, connect it to iTunes and make sure that Photogene gets synced to that device too.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby speedracer » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:17 am

No, i have Shutterssnitch and Photogene both on iPhone.
speedracer

Postby TheBrew » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:28 am

Then I don't undestand your question. If you tap "Open in", you should see Photogene in a new popup and if you tap that, the photo will be opened in Photogene.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby hughesjw » Wed May 04, 2011 6:30 pm

I had the same problem on the iPad. Then I started Photogene, hit the home key, then opened ShutterSnitch and when holding on a photo, could see Photogene. Apparently a program must be running to be able to see it.
hughesjw

Postby speedracer » Thu May 05, 2011 7:13 am

Thats true! Photogene appears only in Shuttersnitch when Photogene is started. The problem now i have ist, that if i select "open in Photogene" Photogene comes to Foreground but it does not load the Photo...
speedracer

Postby TheBrew » Thu May 05, 2011 7:48 am

Interesting. I don't have the problem here. It shows up in the "Open in" list (even if it's not running in the background) and opens the photos just fine.

I'm on a 4.3.2 iPad 2 with the latest 2.1.2 Snitch and the latest Photogene 2.20. What are yours?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jchi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:13 am

Could it be that you have too many apps that handle image file types? I think that "Open In..." only shows the first seven apps that handle a file type. If you have 8+ app that could be listed, then the solution is to remove one or more of the first seven until Photogene shows up in the list.

Updated: Nope that isn't it... Interesting... Photogene shows up in the list on my iPad 2 but not the iPhone 4.
jchi

Return to Other Questions