Upload to Facebook fan page

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Upload to Facebook fan page

Postby ludviks » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi,

I'm new here and my english is not so well, so i apologize for all faults... :-)

I have question, I can upload my picture from my iPad to my profile in Facebook, but Can I upload it on my fan page and not in my profile ??

If anyone can help me it will be great !!!

thx
ludviks

Re: Upload to Facebook fan page

Postby TheBrew » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi ludviks, no problem - as long as we understand each other :)

Sorry no, at the present time you can only upload to your profile, not a fan page. I'll look into the possibility!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ludviks » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:58 pm

thx !!!

Hope it will arrive soon ! it will be a huge possibility...
ludviks

Postby brettmaxwell » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:09 pm

wishing for this... have I missed any updates?
brettmaxwell

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:35 pm

Just to be sure we talk about the same thing (I'm not really much of a Facebook guy) : it's posting to a page that you maintain, right?

Like if I wanted to post to my ShutterSnitch Facebook page?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby newmediaguru » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:45 am

Yes!

Please, this is a major limitation of Shuttersnitch/Facebook integration right now as it can basically only be used for personal use.

Being able to post to a professional page would be incredibly useful.

As an example, I was shooting a graduation event for a college today -- we were streaming grad portraits to a thethered iMac and were able to upload selected grad portraits to the college's Facebook page in near-real-time using Jeffrey Riedl's “Export to Facebook” Lightroom Plugin (http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/facebook): this plugin allows the user to create/select a facebook album to which to upload within any Facebook ACCOUNT associated with a Facebook username. The college added me as an administrator on their Facebook page -- I was then able to select the college's Facebook account from the Lightroom Publishing Manager using my own Facebook login credentials. As soon a photos appeared in Lightroom, my assistant could drag the selected images into the jf Facebook Publish Service and they would instantly appear on the college's facebook page with the college's logo and my own logo watermarked on them! This is amazingly powerful! All of the college's fan's (thousands and thousands of them) are instantly able to see my work, at the moment when it has the most emotional impact.

Unfortunately, when we moved to covering the grad ceremony away from the iMac and I was streaming photos from my camera to Shuttersnitch on the iPhone via an Eye-Fi card in the camera, I was unable to configure Shuttersnitch on the iPhone to upload the photos to the college's Facebook page as Shuttersnitch does not presently support uploading photos to anything other than one's own personal account.

I would gladly pay 10 times the asking price of this app if it had this functionality. If I could publish photos to my clients Facebook pages (once they made me an admin), I could offer this as an additional service to my clients and it would be HUGE!!! (see selected photos in real-time on your company's Facebook page!)

Please, please please... I have been using this app for years now, starting with my iPad 1 and now on my iPad 3 -- Shuttersnitch is amazingly useful and absolutely indispensable to me now for live client review. It has literally changed the way I shoot. Adding the ability to upload to a professional Facebook page would be an incredibly powerful addition for professional photographers. Being able to instantly publish watermarked photos to my clients' Facebook pages from my iPhone's 3G during a shoot (wedding, event, etc) would literally revolutionize my business.

Is it possible to emulate the "Select Album within Facebook Account" feature found in this LR plugin? (http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/facebook)

Thanks!!
newmediaguru

Postby MadDawgJ » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:05 pm

As far as I know, but I haven't checked in a while, Facebook has not yet added the ability to post to Fan pages in the Mobile SDK, they only let you access private pages. I'm sure the Brew is already looking and I'll start looking too,but unless this has changed the limitation is the fault of Facebook and unless/until they allow it, it can't be done from a mobile device.
You've got to find what you love.
-Steve Jobs 1955-2011
MadDawgJ
Contributor Extraordinaire

Postby newmediaguru » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Does the new Facebook 3.0 SDK for iOS allow this? http://www.insidefacebook.com/category/iphone/ -- it looks like it was released just a couple if days ago.
newmediaguru

Postby MadDawgJ » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Facebook SDK 3.0 for iOS gives developers a new FBSession to manage, store and refresh user tokens with default behaviors they can override. Previously, managing user sessions and tokens could be difficult.

That looks promising. Good link, the new iOS page is not accessable from FB's Dev page. Let's see what's new.
You've got to find what you love.
-Steve Jobs 1955-2011
MadDawgJ
Contributor Extraordinaire

Postby newmediaguru » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Wonderful -- please let us know what you find out!
newmediaguru

Next

Return to Other Questions