Eyefi Mobi Pro setup

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Re: Eyefi Mobi Pro setup

Postby TheBrew » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:39 pm

I have the same card, and I'm able to add new wi-fi networks using the "Eyefi Mobi" application on my Mac. It looks like it's still up on their site, but they call it the "Desktop" application and brands it "Keenai". It's also available for Windows.

If you don't already have it installed, you need to add the card using the code that was on the box / case when you bought the card. Once you're through the setup guide, you go to its preferences, click the "Mobi Cards" tab, select the card on the left, select the network you want to add and then click "Add Network".
Attachments
Keenai_Manage_Mobi.jpg
Keenai_Manage_Mobi.jpg (52.09 KiB) Viewed 168 times
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby imacri » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:42 am

thanks for the info, it works like you said!
I could setup the new wifi network but unfortunately the eyefi didn't send the images to ShutterSnitch.
On my canon 5ds I could see that it was connecting to the network and transmitting the photos but the app wasn't receiving them. I don't know where they went.

I think I will try my old router and network to see if it works.
imacri

Postby TheBrew » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:22 am

If there are more than one receiver on the network, the card will transfer to the first one it discovers. Maybe the Keenai app was still running on your computer, and it sent to that?
Also, since the card is now on a new network, it has to do a new scan for receivers and that may take a little time. So make sure ShutterSnitch is open and you’re inside a collection while it does that. It can take minutes and it’ll stop the scan once it finds a receiver, so try it with your computer off just to be sure.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby imacri » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:02 pm

yes , you are 100% right
they went to the Kenay app
thanks again!
imacri

Previous

Return to Eye-Fi