Eyefi - wifi password

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Eyefi - wifi password

Postby Andree » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:15 am

I encountered a strange problem with Eyefi mobiPro (black) cards. I changed the iPad to a new model and configured it by copying the previous one. It turned out, however, that the card that I was constantly using (let's call it No. 1) created a wifi network, but required a password (of course, after configuring the new iPad, all passwords for all other remembered networks were loaded). I tried various likes, I read the SS forum, I uploaded the previously saved ssconfig file (with Eyefi settings in it) just in case - all this did not help, because you still had to enter the WIFI password of card no.1.
I lost my hope. I remembered that I had an old, long unused card, exactly the same model (let's call it No. 2). And it turned out that card 2 works without any problems - it created wifi, connected to the iPad and sent photos.
So everything is OK, but I am surprised what could have happened with card 1. Do you have any idea to make it work?
(this is a google translation, forgive any mistakes)
Andree

Re: Eyefi - wifi password

Postby TheBrew » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:43 pm

Perhaps something on this page https://www.shuttersnitch.com/eyefikey could help you get closer to a solution?

I know you’re looking for the wifi password and not the upload key, but if you can get the .db files, there’s a chance I can spot the wifi password inside them. Or maybe one of the apps can reveal it.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Andree » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:21 am

Before I thought about card # 2, I tried with .db files with no luck. The SS replied that there was no key in the files. Of course, I have these files, if you can take a moment to look at them - I will be grateful.
Attachments
db.zip
(3.85 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Andree

Postby TheBrew » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:44 am

I'm afraid the .db files you attached are empty. Which means the card hasn't been registered in the application yet. Did you follow the guide I linked to and add your wi-fi to the card in the Keenai Desktop application before zipping up the files?

Also, if I recall correctly the packaging (or paper inlays?) for my mobiPro had a 10 character "activation code" on it. That code is also the password for the wi-fi network. Any chance you haven't thrown the packaging away?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Andree » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:34 pm

sorry for the delay, I've had a lot of work lately. but! you're right! the number attached to the card is the wifi password :) thank you very much for your help!!
Andree

Return to Eye-Fi