Setting up your connection

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Re: Setting up your connection

Postby bigdjbster » Thu May 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Eye-Fi Pro X2
bigdjbster

Postby Jeff » Sat May 22, 2010 4:20 am

Nothing works. On my iMac, there is not an upload key in the settings.xml (and yes, I have sent images wirelessly several times). It's been 3 hours of frustration. How do I get my money back?
Jeff

Postby Rastermon » Mon May 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Has anyone tried to connect ShutterSnitch with the iPad using the iPhone as a WiFi hotspot?

I tried to connect and setup the IPhone through the Eye-Fi Manager but can't get ShutterSnitch to see it. Let me know if anyone has figured out how.
Rastermon

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 25, 2010 10:26 am

bigdjbster wrote:Eye-Fi Pro X2

Hm. Same here. Then I'm kinda blank, if you've tried the same settings as mine in the first post of this thread. :/
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 25, 2010 10:40 am

Jeff wrote:Nothing works. On my iMac, there is not an upload key in the settings.xml (and yes, I have sent images wirelessly several times). It's been 3 hours of frustration. How do I get my money back?

There has to be a key. Are you looking at the right settings.xml? Open Finder, click your username in the left side, go into the "Library" folder and then go into the "Eye-Fi" folder. If you open the settings.xml and it only says something like:
"true 22 791a623810365f50560b95cb6ef28d8c 1cc8ff1d9a0c9e6c572c8fabac8254c0 514 1273688674 ..."

Then you're looking at a formatted version of the settings.xml file. The third part will be your key - in this case the "791a623810365f50560b95cb6ef28d8c".

The software works, but if you want your money back you'll need to go to Apple's support and ask for a return (they are the ones controlling the transfers).
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Setting up your connection? If you make it...

Postby apolodor2010 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:55 am

Hi
I tried to connect my iPad with eye -fi geo x2 using shutter snitch . So i follow step by step what the the brew said.
I believe is talking about eye fi pro x2 , but how about eye-fi geo X2 ? The keys are not even close of what you said , at least that's what I saw, so my opinion it doesn't work with the eye-fi geo X2.
apolodor2010

Re: Setting up your connection? If you make it...

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:25 am

apolodor2010 wrote:Hi
I tried to connect my iPad with eye -fi geo x2 using shutter snitch . So i follow step by step what the the brew said.
I believe is talking about eye fi pro x2 , but how about eye-fi geo X2 ? The keys are not even close of what you said , at least that's what I saw, so my opinion it doesn't work with the eye-fi geo X2.

It should work with all the cards - the keys are unique for each card, so they shouldn't be "close" besides the string length.

Could it be that it's not the correct code you entered? You're welcome to leave me a private message ->
and attach your Settings.xml and I can tell you what the key is.
TheBrew
The Developer

Ipad works with EYE FI X2GEO via Snitch..patience

Postby apolodor2010 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:59 pm

TheBrew wrote:
apolodor2010 wrote:Hi

It should work with all the cards - the keys are unique for each card, so they shouldn't be "close" besides the string length.

Could it be that it's not the correct code you entered? You're welcome to leave me a private message ->
and attach your Settings.xml and I can tell you what the key is.

Thank you for your prompt answer.
I want to confirm the software works. I used a Eye-FI geo X2 , canonSd890 IS, Ipad 32gb (wifi +g) on win 7 used the upload key follow by your instruction.
However i see the pics are not geotagged,since i cant see it on Ipad map (places)
I hope you will improve this app. Its great and for the time being is the only one can transfer wifi pics in your ipad
PS:
I turned off picassa 3 and you run it again after i received the pics on Ipad.
If you activated the hotspot option on your eye-fi card is not gonna work , at least for me said the key is incorrect. So i don't think is working with the hot spots ( the Ipad)

Thanks a lot, and keep up the great job
apolodor2010

Re: Setting up your connection - Sprint Overdrive

Postby Problems using Spring Overdrive » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:02 am

Hello.

The app works find with my home wireless network, but I really need it to work with my mobile hotspot. I have a Sprint Overdrive. I've tried the suggestions here and nothing seems to work. I tried following the DHCP reservation and IP forwarding. But Eye-Fi asks for a user name and password and I don't know how to find (or make one). I've been searching online on Sprint forums to no avail.

I tried pasting the key and that didn't work.

I don't think this is a problem specific to the app, since using the Overdrive device doesn't work when I set the Eye-Fi card to upload to ShutterFly or Mobile Me. So I could understand a "not me" response. But if anybody has any ideas on what the problem could be or point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Problems using Spring Overdrive

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Sounds like a nice little combo - which ought to work.

First of all: don't bother with port forwarding and DHCP reservations - that's just for the FTP solution.

If you're using the built-in Eye-Fi support, the IP address and ports are totally out of the picture. ....except if the Overdrive is set up to block anything but regular web traffic. In this case, you need to allow the use of port 59278.
You can test if the port is open by:

1. Connecting the iPad and another wireless device (that has a browser) to the Overdrive. (FYI: I read that the OD only supports 5 devices)
2. Entering a collection on the iPad and then opening this address in a browser on the other device: http://<the IP address of your iPad>:59278 ( Example: http://192.168.0.12:59278 )
3. If you see a web page that says "The Snitch is Listening" - the port is open.

You say that Eye-Fi asks for a name and a password? Where do you see this dialog? (I'm just wondering, since it can't be part of ShutterSnitch)

My suggestion:

Insert your Eye-Fi card into your computer and open the Eye-Fi Center. Go to the card setup and make sure, that your Sprint Overdrive WiFi connection is added to the known networks at the bottom.

If you have enabled any online sharing / relayed transfers, disable them.

Once this is set up, make sure that both the Eye-Fi Helper and Eye-Fi Center is not running on your computer and that the iPad is connected to the Overdrive network. Then things should work - if the Eye-Fi card doesn't join your local WiFi network.. You don't have much control over this - besides pulling the plug on that network, or getting out of its range, or just removing that network from the card settings.

The card may need a little time to figure out that it's on a different network and that there's an iPad available to receive the images. (Remember that ShutterSnitch only advertises that it's there and ready, if you're inside a collection).

Please write back if you still can't get it to work, and if so please elaborate on that "Eye-Fi asks for a user name and password" thing - that may be a clue.
TheBrew
The Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Eye-Fi