Setting up your connection

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Re: Setting up your connection

Postby monkeygod » Mon May 10, 2010 4:02 am

@thebrew

thanks for the quick (and comprehensive) reply!

shame that the ftp is limited to one destination - ideally if shooting raw+jpeg i'd upload the raws to the 'cloud' and jpegs to the ipad for quick review. with the average network, how fast would you say shooting

assuming a non JB ipad, would you say that a better portable solution than using the ad hoc connection would be to use a portable hotspot, such as the myfi 2352 for camera/eye fi => ipad connection?
monkeygod

Postby Guest » Mon May 10, 2010 4:15 am

monkeygod wrote:@thebrew

shame that the ftp is limited to one destination - ideally if shooting raw+jpeg i'd upload the raws to the 'cloud' and jpegs to the ipad for quick review. with the average network, how fast would you say shooting

sorry, truncated that last sentence - it should read "how fast would you say, shooting raw+jpeg on a 10-14 mp dslr, transfer times will be? does the software give priority to one file format over the other? or just process files in the order they are queued?"

thanks again!

Postby TheBrew » Mon May 10, 2010 2:38 pm

FTP transfers are just one file at a time, so ShutterSnitch doesn't know what comes next in a transfer.
It's therefore not possible to do any sorting or preferred download sequence.

The program receives files, it doesn't request them.

How the files are delegated is totally up to the transmitter - ShutterSnitch just has open arms :)

I haven't tried any portable solutions, so I don't have an answer for that one sorry..
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby coreymeyer » Tue May 11, 2010 6:14 am

I have a JB'd iphone and an ad hoc set up with MyWi. Will eye fi transfer to phone with Shuttersnitch? Does anyone have a breakdown of the process to get this to work? I'm running out of time before I leave for vacation.
coreymeyer

Postby calvorn » Tue May 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Followed all the instructions. Pointed the app to download to the desktop. Just not working with eye-fi card. I get Eye-FI supported on Shuttersnitch and I can see the local shuttersnitch server. I can also download to the desktop via the usb card reader. The Eye-Fi app is not running.

Any suggestions on how to proceed.

Cal
calvorn

Postby Ranger 9 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm

calvorn wrote:Followed all the instructions. Pointed the app to download to the desktop. Just not working with eye-fi card. I get Eye-FI supported on Shuttersnitch and I can see the local shuttersnitch server. I can also download to the desktop via the usb card reader. The Eye-Fi app is not running.

Any suggestions on how to proceed.

Cal

You have to make sure you've quit the "Eye-Fi Helper" as well as the Eye-Fi Center application. The Helper is what listens for data from your Eye-Fi card, so if it's still running, it will snork your files before ShutterSnitch can snitch them.

Also -- I may be misunderstanding your question, since I don't know what you mean by "pointed the app to download to the desktop." AFAIK you can't point ShutterSnitch to download anywhere -- the only way to get your files onto your computer from it is via an FTP connection. (I had a hard time figuring this out -- the documentation isn't super-clear -- but it's easy once you know how.)
Ranger 9

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi Cal,

I've heard from one who said the exact same thing - and then got a mail the day after that he had gotten it working by turning all the option off except for uploads to the local computer.

In the logfile he sent, I could see that it never tried to connect to the app - just talked to eye-fi-server on the Internet.

I haven't heard back from him since he said that he would try to turn the different functions on, one by one. Would be interesting to know exactly what his problem was..

Mine works with the following options: public hotspots on, upload to computer (desktop), online sharing off, raw off, videos off, no geotagging, automatic transfermode, relayed transfer enabled, endless memory off, no rss feeds.

When I get some time, I'll try doing the same (make mine fail and then un-fail..) and post a guide.

Hope you get it working soon - you're very welcome to send me your eye-fi log file so I can try and find the culprit. (You can get it through the Eye-Fi Helper menu)

Maybe the card just needs time to find the iPad? Try creating/entering a collection and stay there for "a while". The Eye-Fi card may just be cycling through the 254 addresses that a server could be on. Once it finds it, it remembers it. But maybe it's just a little while about it to start with.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby calvorn » Tue May 11, 2010 11:56 pm

Hi:

Turned off all the settings as you advised and placed the camera with the eye-fi card next to the ipad for about 20 minutes (forced both to stay powered-up) No joy.

Attached is the log file.

Thanks.

Cal
Attachments
EyeFi.zip
(127.65 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
calvorn

Postby TheBrew » Wed May 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi Cal,

The file you attached is the Eye-Fi Helper log, not the one from the card. To get the log from the card, connect the card to your computer, go to the Eye-Fi Helper menu and choose "Get Eye-Fi Card log".
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby calvorn » Wed May 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi:

I see no helper app either in my program menus or in the eye-fi directory. I am running windows 7 on a 64 bit machine. Is the helper app a Mac application?

Cal

Found it. You have to right-click on the eye-fi icon in the system tray. Didn't see that.

Here is the card log.

Thanks.

Cal
Attachments
Eye-Fi Card.zip
(5.22 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
calvorn

PreviousNext

Return to Eye-Fi