Setting up your connection

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Re: Setting up your connection

Postby photomike » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Right on, thanks!

Shot the support folks there a note, but it's the weekend.....
photomike

Postby MadDawgJ » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:57 pm

Have you taken new photos since formatting? The card will only create the network when it has photos to transfer. Go ahead and takes some photos and if the network still doesn't show up get a new card log and post it here and I'll take a look to see if I see anything.
You've got to find what you love.
-Steve Jobs 1955-2011
MadDawgJ
Contributor Extraordinaire

Postby photomike » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:19 am

Yup, Ive done that, I use this app/card several times a month on location shoots and know it has to have new photos to push. I have done this several times today and no joy/no show as an available network on my devices.. I also have a 5DMKII with the WFT transmitter and it transmits (tested today), kept this system as my backup.... Only happened after I inserted this to my Macbook with a regular card reader and DL'd the low-res JPEGS I usually shoot to the ipad, no change in settings that I did or can see.

The thing that it never shows up as a network for me to select is whats bugging me. I feel it should show up but it's not.

:/
photomike

Postby MadDawgJ » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:57 am

In the card log you posted before it was creating a network but it didn't have a name which isn't much better than not creating one since you won't be able to join it. I was hoping the format would help. If that hasn't changed then the card might be fried, hopefully Eye-Fi Customer Care will take care of you and RMA that card if that's the case. Let us know how it goes.
You've got to find what you love.
-Steve Jobs 1955-2011
MadDawgJ
Contributor Extraordinaire

Postby photomike » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Weird, I never saw it try to show up as a network on the wi-fi network settings on my ipad.

If by what you're saying you see in the card log that says it's making the network, but not assigning a name that I can select, that doesn't sound good.

Will definitely post back up once there is some resolution. I was hoping a setting got changed that I could toggle back.

Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers,
MIke
photomike

Postby MrNikon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:22 pm

Hey Guys!

I just Installed ShutterSnitch on my IPad yesterday after Eye-Fi has quit. I have 2 Eye-Fi Pro X2 cards with 8 and 16 GB for use in my Nikon D810.

Strangely i cannot make it work. The D810 displays the card is transmitting but no pictures arrive in ShutterSnitch. Are there any initial Settings i need to make?

When i go over Options/Installation i can select Eye-Fi classic. Then a message pops up, that Eye-Fi has stopped the service. Here i have 2 options:
1) tell me more - wich is linking me to this forum
and
2) OK - wich has no effect at all.

When i check Options/Settings i see Eye-Fi is activated, but like i said, no pictures arrive on the Eye-Pad.

What am i doing wrong??

----------------------------

BTW: I forgot to mention but you are probabbly already aware: I cannot make any changest in the settings of the card anymore after the Eye-Fi configuration tool does not work anymore....

Kind Regards,
Last edited by MrNikon on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrNikon

Postby TheBrew » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:38 pm

If you just installed ShutterSnitch and you want to use old Eye-Fi cards, you need to add the keys for the cards manually.

I haven't had time to find out if/how it's possible yet, but I'll investigate now.

While you wait for me: I wonder if installing the X2 Utility and then going with the Mobi Pro guide will work.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby MrNikon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Hi Brew!

Thanks for the quick reply!!

The Pro X2 Cards do not come with a Key.

And thanks for the link, i already read some parts of this guide but the Eye-Fi Mobi Desktop does not work (as i have no key), Not sure how to get the Eye-Fi Center Desktop software working again since i cannot log in anymore:-(

Kind Regards
MrNikon

Postby TheBrew » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:00 pm

Yes they do :) You just never saw it as a regular user.

And I can confirm that the Mobi Pro way works - with some small changes to the file paths.

1. Install the X2 Utility.
2. Once you've set up your cards using the utility, open the Terminal application and run this command:

Code: Select all
dbres=$(sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eye-Fi/Eye-Fi\ X2\ Utility/offline.db 'SELECT o_mac_address, o_upload_key FROM o_devices') && keys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }) && dbpath=$(find ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eye-Fi/Eye-Fi\ X2\ Utility -regex ".*[0-9]\.db" -maxdepth 1) && if [ ${#dbpath} -gt 0 ]; then dbres=$(sqlite3 "$dbpath" 'SELECT mac_address, upload_key FROM devices'); eckeys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }); keys=("${keys[@]}" "${eckeys[@]}"); fi && for keyandmac in "${keys[@]}"; do cardmac=${keyandmac:0:17}; cardkey=${keyandmac:18}; ssurl="shuttersnitch://?setKey=${cardkey}%26forMAC=${cardmac}"; open mailto:?body=$ssurl; done;

Send the resulting mail to a mail account that you have on your ShutterSnitch iOS device and then tap the link(s) to add the keys to ShutterSnitch.

Once the keys are added, ShutterSnitch will be able to receive files from the cards when you're inside a collection. Make sure you don't have the X2 Utility or Eye-Fi Center app running on your computer at the same time.

(If you're on Windows, go to the "Mobi Pro way" link above, follow the steps, and the little path differences shouldn't be too confusing.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:23 pm

I wrote up a cleaner version here.

Please let me know how it goes. Especially if you're on Windows and I'm missing something from the guide (so I can fix it). :)
TheBrew
The Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Eye-Fi