Eyefi Mobi Pro setup

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Re: Eyefi Mobi Pro setup

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:43 pm

When I run this command with your files:

Code: Select all
dbres=$(sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi/offline.db 'SELECT o_mac_address, o_upload_key FROM o_devices') && keys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }) && dbpath=$(find ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi -regex ".*[0-9]\.db" -maxdepth 1) && if [ ${#dbpath} -gt 0 ]; then dbres=$(sqlite3 "$dbpath" 'SELECT mac_address, upload_key FROM devices'); eckeys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }); keys=("${keys[@]}" "${eckeys[@]}"); fi && for keyandmac in "${keys[@]}"; do mobimac=${keyandmac:0:17}; mobikey=${keyandmac:18}; ssurl="shuttersnitch://?setKey=${mobikey}%26forMAC=${mobimac}"; open mailto:?body=$ssurl; done;

I get the key for your card. Maybe you're running some antivirus/malware protection software that prevents the launch of a new mail from the Terminal?

If you copy and paste the following address into Safari on your iOS device, it should add the key for your card. Let me know when it works so I can remove it from this post. (Won't help anyone else.)
Removed
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:48 pm

If anyone else is having this issue of no mails opening, you can try this command to just have the key(s) printed in the Terminal:

dbres=$(sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi/offline.db 'SELECT o_mac_address, o_upload_key FROM o_devices') && keys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }) && dbpath=$(find ~/Downloads/Eyefi\ Mobi\ 2 -regex ".*[0-9]\.db" -maxdepth 1) && if [ ${#dbpath} -gt 0 ]; then dbres=$(sqlite3 "$dbpath" 'SELECT mac_address, upload_key FROM devices'); eckeys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }); keys=("${keys[@]}" "${eckeys[@]}"); fi && for keyandmac in "${keys[@]}"; do mobimac=${keyandmac:0:17}; mobikey=${keyandmac:18}; ssurl="shuttersnitch://?setKey=${mobikey}%26forMAC=${mobimac}"; echo $ssurl; done;
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Dspo » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:19 pm

Great that did it! It's working.

I plan on using 1 device as a "master" and sending the photos to other iPads over the network from there. I haven't gotten that far yet, but I've seen elsewhere that it can be done.

For future reference: If I want to remove the key from one device so I can install on another to avoid conflict on the same network, is there a way to do that? (i.e.. right now the key is installed on my iPhone, but I may want to move it to an iPad in the future).

Thank you for your help!
Dspo

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:46 pm

Great!

I think the easiest thing would be to just go into the ShutterSnitch settings and turn off Eye-Fi transfers.

But I see the problem if you have more than one Eye-Fi card and want one card to send to one device and the other to send to different device.
In that case you can "remove" the card key by simply putting in a bad key.

Example: To enable, you'd put the real key into Safari
shuttersnitch://?setKey=0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef&forMAC=01-23-45-67-89-ab

and to disable you could change the last digit
shuttersnitch://?setKey=0123456789abcdef0123456789abcde0&forMAC=01-23-45-67-89-ab

Note the key has to be 32 digits long.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Dspo » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:27 am

That'll work!
Dspo

Postby Dspo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:37 am

Hi-

Same user a year later and I still have issues running this code from the terminal!

I have a couple new eyefi mobipro cards I need to set up with shuttersnitch and I can't get the keys. I only tried with one so far but the is what I get when I run the code from the terminal:

"Illegal variable name."

I'd appreciate any help or insight you can give me.

Thank you!
Dspo

Postby Dspo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:40 am

Nevermind!

I was able to get it to work from a different Mac.

Cheers!
Dspo

Re: Eyefi Mobi Pro setup working with Local network

Postby Headoo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:14 pm

Please interested to get a complete guide to how to set up an eye fi Mobi Pro card in Shuttersnitch working with local network ( I hve tried several things written on the posts but none worked). Is there a tutorial somewhere - Please help
thanks
Headoo

Postby TheBrew » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:23 am

1. Add the wi-fi network that the card should join via the Keenai application. Then close it and make sure it's not running while you're using ShutterSnitch.
2. Get and add the card key to ShutterSnitch: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1926&start=10#p8412
3. Make sure your iOS device is connected to your wi-fi network and then enter a collection.
4. Take a photo or two with your camera and wait patiently. The card should now find ShutterSnitch and (if the card key is accepted) start transferring.

If you have trouble, try going into the ShutterSnitch settings, scroll all the way to the bottom and turn on "Traffic Inspector". That'll tell you if something goes wrong during the card-communication.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Ranger 9 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:30 am

I have a ShutterSnitch/Eye-Fi Mobi/iPad/mobile router solution that has been working perfectly for years. But tonight I couldn't get ShutterSnitch to launch (would crash back to main screen as soon as collection browser appeared) and I had to delete and re-install the ShutterSnitch app to get back into it. (Goodbye to all my saved collections, but most of them had been saved by ShutterSnitch Backup.)

My goodness, what a mess! It has taken me all evening to read through the 10 pages of forum posts, locate the 2016 post with the magic key-number-retrieving script, track down a desktop Mac that still had an old Eye-Fi database file on it, run the script in Terminal to retrieve the number, and then generate an email (!!!) that would install it into ShutterSnitch on the iPad.

This all seems rather Byzantine for someone like me who primarily uses a mobile-only workflow. Has any simpler, less-desktop-dependent procedure been developed since the 2016 post? Or at least any way to back up and restore all the ShutterSnitch settings from an iOS device without having to track down a desktop machine for rescue?
Ranger 9

PreviousNext

Return to Eye-Fi