Eyefi Mobi Pro setup

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Re: Eyefi Mobi Pro setup

Postby TheBrew » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:59 pm

Tiny update: A nice person from Eyefi is looking into it.

In the meantime, I've submitted version 3.4.2 for review at the App Store. That version will allow you to add the Mobi Pro card manually. I'll post a how-to when Apple approves it.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Clem » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:49 am

Sounds great!
Clem

Postby Clem » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm a little confused now, after sending mails forth and back with Eyefi. I was told, that I cannot use the Mobi Pro card in an infrastructure wifi network with my iphone (!) without the cloud service! (I don't need/want the cloud, as I need my pictures either in Shuttersnitch OR on the Macbook. As I wrote before, I managed to use two X2 Pro cards with Shuttersnitch via a Mobile Hotspot. Do you think this is possible with the Mobi Pro card AND the update in Shuttersnitch?
Clem

Postby TheBrew » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:29 am

I'm sure we'll get things going without a cloud account. Could you try this:

On your Macbook, click the Eyefi Mobi icon in the status bar and pick Preferences. Then click the "Mobi Cards tab. Is your card listed there?

If so, press Cmd+Space (opens Spotlight search) and type "term". That should find Terminal - press enter to open it.
Copy and paste this to the terminal:
Code: Select all
sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi/offline.db 'SELECT o_mac_address, o_upload_key FROM o_devices'

Press enter to run it.

Does that put out a line that looks something like this: 00-18-56-01-23-45|0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef ?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Clem » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:34 am

Yes, it does - with different characters, but same style.
Clem

Postby TheBrew » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:56 am

Good!

When Apple approves ShutterSnitch v3.4.2 (submitted for review 5 days ago) I'll let you know how to feed that data to ShutterSnitch. Once that's done, it'll work.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Clem » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:54 pm

I just downloaded it, but cannot see, where to feed the data...?!
Clem

Postby TheBrew » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:12 pm

First, make sure that you've added your local wi-fi network to the card via the Keenai Desktop application.

Windows users: See the next post.

Mac users: Press Cmd+Space (opens Spotlight search) and type "term". That should find Terminal - press enter to open it.

If the Eyefi application is branded "Keenai", copy and paste this to the terminal:

dbres=$(sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Keenai/offline.db 'SELECT o_mac_address, o_upload_key FROM o_devices') && keys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }) && dbpath=$(find ~/Library/Application\ Support/Keenai -regex ".*[0-9]\.db" -maxdepth 1) && if [ ${#dbpath} -gt 0 ]; then dbres=$(sqlite3 "$dbpath" 'SELECT mac_address, upload_key FROM devices'); eckeys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }); keys=("${keys[@]}" "${eckeys[@]}"); fi && for keyandmac in "${keys[@]}"; do mobimac=${keyandmac:0:17}; mobikey=${keyandmac:18}; ssurl="shuttersnitch://?setKey=${mobikey}%26forMAC=${mobimac}"; open mailto:?body=$ssurl; done;

If it's the older "Eyefi Mobi Desktop" application, copy and paste this to the terminal:

dbres=$(sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi/offline.db 'SELECT o_mac_address, o_upload_key FROM o_devices') && keys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }) && dbpath=$(find ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi -regex ".*[0-9]\.db" -maxdepth 1) && if [ ${#dbpath} -gt 0 ]; then dbres=$(sqlite3 "$dbpath" 'SELECT mac_address, upload_key FROM devices'); eckeys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }); keys=("${keys[@]}" "${eckeys[@]}"); fi && for keyandmac in "${keys[@]}"; do mobimac=${keyandmac:0:17}; mobikey=${keyandmac:18}; ssurl="shuttersnitch://?setKey=${mobikey}%26forMAC=${mobimac}"; open mailto:?body=$ssurl; done;

Press enter to run it.

That should open a mail with a special URL for each card the Mobi desktop app knows about.

Send the mail to the email account you have set up on the iOS device you're running ShutterSnitch on.

On the device, tap the link and it should open ShutterSnitch and add the key.

If you haven't already enabled Eye-Fi transfers, go through the Options -> Setup Guide in ShutterSnitch and pick the Eyefi Mobi option.

That's it. You should now be able to transfer photos over the infrastructure network(s) you've added to the card. ..But make sure the Mobi desktop application isn't running in the status bar on your computer - or the card may pick that as the receiver.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:35 pm

For PC users running the Keenai Desktop app, here's how to obtain the magic numbers:

1. Install DB Browser for SQLite.
2. Run it and click the "Open Database" button. Click the path-box, type C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Keenai Desktop\Mobi\client and press enter. Then open the "client.db" file.
3. Click the "Browse Data" tab and select the "Cards" table. Here you'll find all cards paired with your computer.

Find the MacAddress and UploadKey value and send an email to your device with a line formatted like this:

shuttersnitch://?setKey=<the key>&forMAC=<the MAC address>

The example above would be written like this:
shuttersnitch://?setKey=d28ff51a09cf77df7f612ab115229313&forMAC=00-18-56-01-ab-23

On the device, tap the link and it should open ShutterSnitch and add the key.

If you haven't already enabled Eye-Fi transfers, go through the Options -> Setup Guide in ShutterSnitch and pick the Eyefi Mobi option.

That's it. You should now be able to transfer photos over the infrastructure network(s) you've added to the card. ..But make sure the Mobi desktop application isn't running in the status bar on your computer - or the card may pick that as the receiver.

If you're still on the pre-Keenai Eye-Fi Center app, you can retrieve the numbers by pressing the Windows-button + r on your keyboard and run this command:

notepad C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Eye-Fi\Settings.xml

That should open the Eyefi settings file in Notepad.

Note: If your code is just a lot of zeros, you're not done setting up the card. Connect the card to your computer and make sure you set it up to join your wi-fi network.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Clem » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:11 am

Great!!! Works, even with two cards/cameras. Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Clem

PreviousNext

Return to Eye-Fi