Eyefi Mobi Pro setup

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Re: Eyefi Mobi Pro setup

Postby Pier40 » Sun May 31, 2015 6:48 pm

I should have picked the Mobi option, not the Mobi Pro?
Pier40

Postby TheBrew » Sun May 31, 2015 6:49 pm

Pier40 wrote:and then I tried to complete the setup,
picked the mobipro from the list, entered my email and password and

still user not found.

This part is no longer needed for the MobiPRO - instead of picking the top Eye-Fi option in the guide, just pick the Eyefi Mobi option just below it.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Sun May 31, 2015 6:51 pm

Pier40 wrote:I should have picked the Mobi option, not the Mobi Pro?

Yep. :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Pier40 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:07 pm

It seems to work ok, thank you very much,
I was getting hopping mad, you saved the day here.

I will repeat this sequence for my second mobi pro card.

Again, and on behalf of all the family members present in the house,

Thank you!!
Pier40

Postby TheBrew » Sun May 31, 2015 7:13 pm

You're most welcome :) Enjoy!
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Pier40 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:18 pm

Hi,
I'm back. transfer from my camera to iPad / shuttersnitch is not working.
I've waited, I've taken out the card(s) and put them in again,
turned the camera's off and on, no success.

So I turned to the forum for information. I found your troubleshooting guide.
I want to do the things you write there:
The very first step: Set up your card
First you need to make sure that the card won't be uploading the photos to the Eye-Fi server on the Internet. If it does this, it will never be sent to ShutterSnitch.
Insert your Eye-Fi card into your computer, open the Eye-Fi Center, and configure your card not to do any online sharing and not to relay photos.
Doublecheck that your card can join the same wireless network that your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch is on.
Save the settings, put your card back into your camera and close down your computer (You don't have to do this every time, but during troubleshooting it's just to make sure it doesn't interfere with our next step).

Problem is: I click on Eye Fi Center in the dock, nothing happens,
no way I can get a window to change the transfer mode.

I reinstalled the Eye-Fi center because I found mine was made in 2012, so I thought maybe I picked the wrong one, but the "new" one was just the same,
it's version 3.4.

So my question is: how do I get my card not to do any online sharing and not to relay photos if I cannot get to the right part of the EyeFi Center.
Pier40

Postby TheBrew » Sun May 31, 2015 9:38 pm

The Eye-Fi Center is for pre-Mobi cards. Don't use it.

Currently, almost all of the posts on Eye-Fi cards here are about the older Eye-Fi cards and not the new Eyefi Mobi cards.

I'm guessing that you want ShutterSnitch to receive photos from your card over your local wi-fi connection?

In this case, make sure that the Mobi Desktop application and Eye-Fi Center is not running on your computer. ..or simply put your computer to sleep.

Also, if your camera supports Eyefi cards, make sure it's enabled in the camera settings.

When you snap a photo on your camera, the card will join your local network and look for receivers. If you're inside a collection in ShutterSnitch and your iOS device is connected to your local network, the card should discover SS and start sending. This initial discovery can take a little time.
(This is why you should make sure the Mobi application and Eye-Fi Center isn't running - if the card detects one of those first, it'll start sending to that.)

In case something went wrong with the registering of the keys, the card won't send to ShutterSnitch. To check if the card is actually talking to SS, you can go into the ShutterSnitch settings, scroll all the way to the bottom and turn on "Traffic Inspector".
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Pier40 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:54 pm

OK thank you, and how do I check what the traffic inspector finds?
Pier40

Postby TheBrew » Sun May 31, 2015 10:00 pm

Pier40 wrote:OK thank you, and how do I check what the traffic inspector finds?

When you enter a collection the Traffic Inspector window will pop up and show you a "live log".
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Pier40 » Sun May 31, 2015 11:00 pm

I have received files from both my cameras in SS, so it works,
thank you again, for your time and patience.

Greetings from Holland,

Jean
Pier40

PreviousNext

Return to Eye-Fi