Unable to email photos from shuttersnitch

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Unable to email photos from shuttersnitch

Postby outandabout » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:23 pm

As above basically I got to email a pic the draft email box appears and I select size of file and send and nothing appears in the inbox - can someone help to sort this please.

I am using an iPad Pro.
outandabout

Re: Unable to email photos from shuttersnitch

Postby TheBrew » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:01 pm

If you're still on the card network while trying so send, Mail will fail silently and try to send again once you've joined a network that has Internet access.

When you see the mail window, ShutterSnitch is out of the loop. It has handed over control of the photo to the Mail app.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby outandabout » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi

I am connected to the network (my wifi) when I am trying to send the pic in shuttersnitch and nothing. Have no idea why it won't work it used to work but not anymore?
outandabout

Postby TheBrew » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:58 pm

I'm afraid once it's out of ShutterSnitch I can only offer some troubleshooting guesses:

If you open the Mail app, do you see the email in an "Outbox" folder?

If not, try mailing from ShutterSnitch, but instead of hitting Send, try Cancel -> Save Draft. Then open the Mail app and see if the mail appears in the Drafts folder. If it does, could it perhaps be sent, but end up in a junk filter?

(Have you tried turning the iPad off completely (hold power button down for 5 sec. and swipe to turn off) and turning it back on?)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby outandabout » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:44 pm

So I did as you advised and saved a draft of the email and it appeared in the draft folder of my email. However, no email in sent folder or junk, ive used several different accounts which I have and none of them show any emails. Totally lost as to reason why this is happening.
outandabout

Postby TheBrew » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:28 pm

If you send that mail from the Draft folder from the Mail app, does it arrive?

Also, are you running the latest iOS version or a beta?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby outandabout » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:18 pm

TheBrew wrote:If you send that mail from the Draft folder from the Mail app, does it arrive?

Also, are you running the latest iOS version or a beta?

The draft email arrived in the inbox and was also found in the sent folder. I'm using version v3.7.2 (11952)
outandabout

Postby TheBrew » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:29 pm

(I was thinking iOS version - the current one being 10.2.1. :)

Oh! So you see it in the Sent folder - then you can be sure it's been sent. I'm guessing it's a junk-filter or mail server specific issue. That's where you'll have to dig deeper.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby outandabout » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:48 pm

TheBrew wrote:(I was thinking iOS version - the current one being 10.2.1. :)

Oh! So you see it in the Sent folder - then you can be sure it's been sent. I'm guessing it's a junk-filter or mail server specific issue. That's where you'll have to dig deeper.

But they aren't in the junk folder?
outandabout

Postby TheBrew » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Your mail provider could have their own junk/spam service that rejects it before it even arrives to your mail account.
TheBrew
The Developer

Next

Return to Eye-Fi