Eyefi still around?

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Eyefi still around?

Postby jayce103 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi all,

Coming back to the wireless SD market after a couple of years out and thought I would treat myself to a new Eye-Fi card. I went on their website and it looks a little baron. Are they still going? Is it work getting one of their cards?

I don't know much about the other makes as I have always used Eye-Fi, so if anyone can tell me if others have the same ability (IE connect to an existing network) then please share, or update me... :D

Jayce
jayce103

Re: Eyefi still around?

Postby TheBrew » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:55 pm

I think they've gotten a bit too cumbersome, needing a computer to obtain the access keys.

Good alternatives are the Transcend Wi-Fi or Toshiba FlashAir cards.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jayce103 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:06 pm

TheBrew wrote:I think they've gotten a bit too cumbersome, needing a computer to obtain the access
Good alternatives are the Transcend Wi-Fi or Toshiba FlashAir cards.

Do either/both allow to connect to an existing network still Brian? Don't have that much experience with them

Jayce
jayce103

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jayce103 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:47 pm

TheBrew wrote:Yep: Transcend Wi-Fi / FlashAir.

Thanks!

In your opinion is one better/easier to use/ better features than the other? There is a vast difference in price. Toshiba 32g is £34 and Transend 32g £70

Jayce
jayce103

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm

I prefer Transcend because it keeps things simple. Toshiba is probably the "hacker's" card of choice because it's very open to scripting and tinkering. So it depends on what kind of personality you have. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jayce103 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:56 pm

TheBrew wrote:I prefer Transcend because it keeps things simple. Toshiba is probably the "hacker's" card of choice because it's very open to scripting and tinkering. So it depends on what kind of personality you have. :)

The fact I have no idea on what you are talking about suggests that I should probably go for Transcend but if the only difference is simple (I assume that the Toshiba is capable of just connecting) without hacking. then I may just try it first.

Thanks for the info bud.

Jayce
jayce103

Return to Eye-Fi