Eye-Fi Pro x2

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Re: Eye-Fi Pro x2

Postby minov » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:45 pm

This is what it looks like..
Last edited by TheBrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed. Privacy.
minov

Postby minov » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:51 pm

I had Eye-Fi Centre installed on my Mac until yesterday, when I installed the utility. I have a TimeMachine backup - can I pick up the files from there?
minov

Postby TheBrew » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Ah, OK. I'm pretty sure Eye-Fi just matched that with their database and retrieved the key that way. But now that their servers are down, that's not possible anymore.

Did you have the card paired and working (transferring files) with the Eye-Fi Center app?

Maybe, if you have Time Machine running, you can go to the ~/Library/Application Support folder, jump into the time machine and find and old "Eye-Fi" folder in there - that would be were the key is stored for the Center.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby minov » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Ok..after ruing the utility again, the folder content looks different now - is there something you can use there..?
Last edited by TheBrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Privacy.
minov

Postby minov » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:20 pm

And here is the content of the Eye-fi folder from the Time Machine backup (minus the cache folder).
Last edited by TheBrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minov

Postby minov » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:27 pm

It might be worth mentioning that I used the Eye-Fi Centre app to configure the Eye-Fi card with network settings, and that the card was configured to transfer photos to the Eye-Fi app on my iPad Air.
minov

Postby TheBrew » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:28 pm

No, sorry. For both files.

If your Time Machine can restore a/some different "offline.db" or "<one or more numbers>.db" files from the Eye-Fi / Eyefi / Keenai folder inside the Application Support folder, that would be great. Those are the ones that could contain the key.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 pm

minov wrote:It might be worth mentioning that I used the Eye-Fi Centre app to configure the Eye-Fi card with network settings, and that the card was configured to transfer photos to the Eye-Fi app on my iPad Air.

If Time Machine doesn't have any more files for us, I wonder if they Eye-Fi app has the key saved to a settings file in its documents or library folder. I doubt it, but I guess it's worth a shot. You could try connecting your iPad to your computer, installing iMazing and browse to the Eye-Fi app documents and see.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby minov » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:12 pm

I didn't manage to find any files on Time Machine, but I did however managed to extract this one file from my iPad, using iMazing - hope the key is there.
Last edited by TheBrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minov

Postby TheBrew » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:33 pm

Well, well. Well done. I have good news. :)

Copy/Paste this into the address bar of Safari on your iOS device:

Code: Select all
shuttersnitch://?setKey=xxxx&forMAC=yyyyy

That should open ShutterSnitch and tell you that the key has been added.

And make sure you save that link somewhere, so you can restore the key in the future!

(I'll delete the link once you've confirmed it works.)
Last edited by TheBrew on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed key and mac
TheBrew
The Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Eye-Fi