Eye-fi X2 on iPad

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Eye-fi X2 on iPad

Postby dysphasi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:45 pm

I had this card working just fine up until recently on my iPad.

I had to reset network settings and subsequently lost my Eye-Fi Profile on the iPad and now don't know what to do.

I had the key stored for the card etc. and have re-installed this in shuttersnitch, but obviously without being able to correct to the card via a direct Wi-Fi connection this is of no use at all.

Is there any way around this at all? Or do I have to just accept I can't use this card anymore?...if so what are the best alternatives?

Thanks in advance.
dysphasi

Re: Eye-fi X2 on iPad

Postby TheBrew » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:58 pm

My current favorite is the Transcend Wi-Fi cards.

The Toshiba FlashAir W-04 ones are really fast - but have a lot of issues as soon as you stick them in a camera, so avoid those unless you can try them first.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby dysphasi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Does that mean I’m up the creek without a paddle with my eyefi card now then?

Also reading your sig, I’ve seen some of your new developments, they look interesting, but is it yet possible to flip vertically or horizontally? I take a lot of pictures with mirrors so would be handy!
dysphasi

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:30 am

I don't remember, but if you install the X2 Utility and insert your card, maybe it'll let you see the wi-fi passphrase?

If not, did you ever install the Eye-Fi Center on your computer? (And in that case, is it a Mac or a PC?)

If the answer is no to all of those - do you still have the Eye-Fi app installed on your iPad?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby dysphasi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Woot! I forgot that I had the Eye-Fi X2 app on my macbook and sure enough it had the WiFi code there.

So all up and running, thanks for the prompt!

Now about your add-on, will it flip images horizontally and vertically?

If not, can you possibly add this feature?...It's the one thing that I could really do with pwetty pwease ;-)
dysphasi

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Nice!

I'll be submitting version 4.1.7 for review later today. If you tap and hold the image-rotation button in that version, you'll get a "Flip Image" option.
Attachments

flip.mp4 [ 2.6 MiB | Viewed 3601 times ]

TheBrew
The Developer

Postby dysphasi » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:01 am

Excellent, that's fantastic thank you, purchased and using =o)

Is it possible to view images side by side? .... both 'before|after edit' and 'one image|another'

...only now finding that images taken on my camera are showing up as corrupted when I go back to review them since connecting to the card via WiFi.

Hopefully it's just something that will be resolved with a format of the card and I haven't lost my images, not ideal!
dysphasi

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:30 am

Wow.. good thing they were transferred before getting corrupted I guess. Good luck.

There’s no way of comparing different photos side by side, but you can see the before-edit version of the photo by tapping and holding the histogram. Let go to return to the edited version.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Eye-Fi