Eye fi Pro X2 16Gb card. And now?

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Eye fi Pro X2 16Gb card. And now?

Postby egargiulo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:10 am

I have an Eye fi Pro X2 16Gb card. as is known, the eye fi society no longer exists. I use Shuttersnitch in a perfect way on Ipad that has stored the card's password (which I don't know anymore) and now I would like to install shuttersnitch on my iphone. but of course I no longer know the password because I no longer have access to the eye fi server. How do I know the password to access the card and then to Shuttersnitch?
egargiulo

Re: Eye fi Pro X2 16Gb card. And now?

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:21 am

If you’re a subscriber you can share the keys by going into collection overview -> Options -> Settings -> Advanced (tab at the top) -> Share Configuration. From there, select Eyefi Card Keys and share via AirDrop directly to the other device that has ShutterSnitch installed. You could also mail a backup to yourself or save it to Files or a computer so you never lose them.

If you’re not a subscriber you can go to collection overview -> Options -> Setup Guide -> Eye-Fi Classic (all the way at the bottom) and from there tap the “Mail yourself a backup” option.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby egargiulo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:55 am

IMG_1395.PNG
IMG_1395.PNG (57.17 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
I thank you for the indication. I go to collection overview -> Options -> Setup Guide -> Eye-Fi Classic (all the way to the bottom) and from there tap the "Mail yourself to backup". from the mail, opened on iphone, I clicked on Eye fi card. so I entered Shuttersnith. The program indicates the presence of the card but in reality it does not transfer photos because the selected network still asks me for the password.
egargiulo

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:28 am

Oh you are joining the network that the eyefi card creates?

I don’t (and ShutterSnitch doesn’t) know the password for that. It’s specific to each card as far as I know. Have you ever installed the Eyefi app on your computer or do you have the original packaging - the activation code on that should be the password too.

If we’re really lucky and you can find the .db file I mention in this guide I might be able to find the password in it for you. I’m going out right now, but I’ll be back in a few hours.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby egargiulo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:58 am

thanks. in the guide you indicate "Notes: If you have already added your key to ShutterSnitch on another iOS device, you can easily copy it to another installation via the in-app Settings> Advanced page> Share Configuration. Just select the Eyefi Card Keys, tap Share and AirDrop to your other device ". So it is my case, the card is perfectly recognized on Ipad 4 ", even if I don't remember it anymore. So I could copy it on Iphone with the indicated procedure. But I don't understand where I have to find" in-app Settings> Advanced page> Share Configuration ". On the app or on the iPhone settings? If I find it on the app, where do I find exactly this setting?
egargiulo

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:21 pm

The card key and the card network password are two different things.

See it this way: the card key is the key to your apartment, but the network password is the passport for your country.

Currently you’re “outside the country” and if you don’t have the password, you can’t enter the country and get to your apartment. Even though you have the keys for your apartment. :)

So ignore that part of the guide. You have the keys. You need the password - and *maybe* that’s in the .db file I mention in it.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby egargiulo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:08 pm

thanks
1) "...and add your wi-fi network to the card." How? which wi-fi network have i add to the card? which card?
2) "... AirDrop or email those files to your iOS device and open them in ShutterSnitch..." how do i open those files in Shuttersnitch?
egargiulo

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:36 pm

I have a feeling we're talking past each other because we're getting words mixed up.

There is a very big difference between the card key and the password for the network the card creates.

ShutterSnitch does not know anything about passwords. It only knows about keys.

Let's take it real slow and step by step. Do I understand your issue correctly that:

After taking a photo, you try to join the Eye-Fi network that your card creates, but when you do, iOS asks you for a password?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby egargiulo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:48 pm

yes, iphone asks me for the password to access the network created by the eye fi card
egargiulo

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:50 pm

OK, good, just letting you know that this has nothing to do with ShutterSnitch, so any help from me is purely from a fellow human being. :)

Maybe it's as easy as turning on iCloud Keychain on both of your devices? That way iOS should share the wi-fi passwords.

And if you have a Mac, and turn it on there, you'll actually be able to see it in the Keychain and write it down for future use.

I Googled a bit and got the idea from here: https://www.imyfone.com/iphone-tips/how ... on-iphone/ (Method 2)
TheBrew
The Developer

Next

Return to Eye-Fi