Crashing on each new photo

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Crashing on each new photo

Postby Aoakden » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 pm

My first collection I was able to get about 6 pictures into it and then it crashed. When I reopen the collection it crashes again.

I made a new collection and tried again, now when I transfer 1 picture, it crashes and keeps crashing if I try to go back into the collection.

I am running version 2.0.1 on an IPad.
Aoakden

Re: Crashing on each new photo

Postby Aoakden » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:24 pm

I am also using the eye fi x2 pro
Aoakden

Re: Crashing on each new photo

Postby TheBrew » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 am

Please update to the latest version 2.0.2. Not that it'll solve the problem though..

How big are those photos? The iPad only has 256MB of memory, so it can't handle very large pictures.

Still, I haven't been able to make my iPad crash even with 21 megapixel photos, so I'd love to get one of those photos that crashes yours. Maybe there's something I can do about it.

Could you do one of these two things:

a) If you know exactly what photo it is that is in the collection that crashes, get that photo from the card and attach it in a private message for me here?
b) If you don't know what photo it is, connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes, click the iPad, go to the "Apps" tab and at the bottom of that page you should see ShutterSnitch in the "File Sharing" apps. Click it and you'll see its data on the right. Click the "Shoots" folder and click "Save to" to save the contents. Then you can browse the folder and find the photo that makes it crash. ..please attach that in a private message for me.

Also, a zip file with your ShutterSnitch crash logs would be of great help - http://www.ondemandworld.com/how-to-find-crash-logs/
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Eye-Fi