Does it work with Eye-fi Connect X2?

Help and ask for help on Eye-Fi related problems

Does it work with Eye-fi Connect X2?

Postby vinchoi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:47 am

I really love the idea to take a picture and be able to see it on my ipad in seconds. Before I go ahead to purchase eye-fi card to work with PhotoSnitch, I just want to make sure I got the right Eye-fi card to work with ShutterSnitch.

Does it work with Eye-fi Connect X2? In fact, does ShutterSnitch work with all Eye-fi card? Is there any functional difference?
vinchoi

Re: Does it work with Eye-fi Connect X2?

Postby TheBrew » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 am

My guess would be yes - but I'm not certain, since I haven't heard from any Connect users.

If there are any Connect X2 users out there, that can confirm that it's working - speak up! I'd love to compile a compatibility list, but don't have the money to buy them all.. ;)

From the specs though - it should work. ShutterSnitch basically just jumps at the chance to receive a JPEG from any Eye-Fi card, I didn't program any snootiness into it. But of course, if the card doesn't want to send it..

Be aware that both the Eye-Fi card and the iProduct have to be connected to the same wireless network for it to work.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby BN1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:37 pm

After a few hours trying to get the App to work with the eye-fi Pro-X2; i about gave up on the App.... But then decided to to try my old eye-fi card (the original 2gb card) and got it working in 2 mins.

Its a great app (once you get it working, which is very simple if the card is compatible).... I used the pro-X2 and the original card on same networks (under exact same conditions (computer settings, etc.))... So please let me know if you have any suggestions for the newer card (but it seems pretty straightforward)

Great app, with tons of potential.... Hopefully some updates will resolve these issues
BN1

Postby stevebb1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:48 pm

I have the 8gb Pro X2 card it works fine.
You do need to turn off the "connect to public hotspots and open networks" in the cards network settings and also turn off the "relayed transfer"
in the Transfer mode settings. Hope this helps
stevebb1

Postby BN1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:29 pm

stevebb1 wrote:I have the 8gb Pro X2 card it works fine.
You do need to turn off the "connect to public hotspots and open networks" in the cards network settings and also turn off the "relayed transfer"
in the Transfer mode settings. Hope this helps

Thanks Steve, i thought it was disabled all along (but even though sharing via picasa was disabled for images, i guess i missed the tab for videos and never turned it off for video uploading. So "relayed transfer" was automatically turned back on)

Got both cards working now and from what i can tell so far its a great app (serves the exact purpose it states)... The negative reviews and complaints all appear to be based on user issues. (which is normally the case, but even more so with network applications and devices which have so many options and variations)

Thanks again

(also I'm sure its pretty easy, but how do i delete previous made "collections" on the device, (moving images from one collection to another and deleting individual files is very clear) but i don't see a delete collection option)

edit: (never-mind: got it; hold down the collection and options appear)
BN1

Postby TheBrew » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:35 pm

A little update: All Eye-Fi cards "speak the same language" - so yes, this works on any of the cards!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Eye-Fi