Shuttersnitch backup is uploading dual pics

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Shuttersnitch backup is uploading dual pics

Postby rallysnapper » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:13 pm

Hello,

I am still getting very strange behaviour from shuttersnitch backup. When I take one image the shuttersnitch backup loads two images of the same subject and further if I take two pics of the same subject the backup software will load four pics of the same subject into lightroom 4, It never seems to just backup the correct amount of pictures taken. I have tried every combination but this current version of shuttersnitch backup does not want to play fair. Please has anybody got any ideas as everything else in the Shuttersnitch armoury works brilliantly...... its only the backups that is causing grief...
rallysnapper

Re: Shuttersnitch backup is uploading dual pics

Postby MadDawgJ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Are you shooting in RAW+JPG or saving the photos into two collections?
You've got to find what you love.
-Steve Jobs 1955-2011
MadDawgJ
Contributor Extraordinaire

Postby TheBrew » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 am

I'm guessing you're using the "After receiving file" setting in SSB - does it copy or move the new files?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby rallysnapper » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 am

Hi MadDawgJ and the Brew,

Many thanks for your replays, MadDawgJ, no I'm just backing up Jpegs no Raw files. The Brew,inside the settings in SSB I have tried the "copy" and then tried the "move" relating to the backing up with no joy still got duel images when "auto importing" into LR 4, then I have set up in SSB "after receiving files to do nothing" and still getting duel imports. To be fair I think its not SSB that causing the fault I think its lightroom 4 "auto imports" section and how you have to set the LR4 auto import up. I have tried SSB via Adobe CS5 master suite and auto imported my images vis CS5 bridge and somehow its works absolutely brilliant.No dual images via CS5 Bridge. Anyhow would still like your input into the LR 4 auto import question if possible..

many many thanks

Rallysnapper.
rallysnapper

Postby TheBrew » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:36 am

1. Make sure that the auto-import folder is not inside the ShutterSnitch backups folder.
2. Set SSB up to copy to that folder.
3. Double check that the Lightroom auto import folder is the same as one in step 1.

ShutterSnitch Backup is what it says on the tin: a backup app, so it'll re-download any changed file, even if it's just a metadata change for example (such as a rating). In that case, Lightroom would re-import the file.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby rallysnapper » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi The Brew,

Many thanks for the quick reply I have finally cracked the problem, all is well with LR4 now relating to auto import.I can run your fantastic Shuttersnitch via CS5 Bridge and also LR4.....

thanks
Rallysnapper
rallysnapper

Return to Other Questions