No SSB Icon in Dock on Yosemite

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

No SSB Icon in Dock on Yosemite

Postby ATJ » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:17 am

I just installed ShutterSnitch Backup 1.2.10 on a Mac Mini running Yosemite even though ShutterSnitch Backup is running (as seen in Activity Monitor) there's no icon in the dock and it also doesn't show up when I do Command-Tab. This means it is very difficult to find the window and I have to minimise windows until it is reveled.
ATJ

Re: No SSB Icon in Dock on Yosemite

Postby TheBrew » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:28 am

Correct, ShutterSnitch Backup will not show up as an icon in the dock. It's a status bar application only, so you'll access it via the icon in the status bar in the top right-hand corner.

When you click the red dot in the top left-hand corner of the window it'll simply go into the background and will still be running. (But pressing Cmd+Q will kill it though.)

You're not really supposed to ever look at the window. So the interface is just for setup / troubleshooting.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ATJ » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:19 pm

TheBrew wrote:You're not really supposed to ever look at the window. So the interface is just for setup / troubleshooting.

I strongly disagree with this statement.

1) I find that transfer from my phone doesn't always start and I have to kill either ShutterSnitch Backup or ShutterSnitch on my phone and restart to get it going.

2) As you need to have ShutterSnitch open on the phone for the transfer to work I need to know when the transfer is finished so I can close ShutterSnitch and be able to use my phone for other things.
ATJ

Postby TheBrew » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:23 pm

OK. When you need to see the window click the ShutterSnitch Backup icon in the status bar and pick "View status".
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ATJ » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:26 pm

That works, thanks.
ATJ

Return to Other Questions