Potential new user

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Potential new user

Postby Kramrenraw » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:42 am

Hello.
Forgive me asking this but I'm in a hurry to set this up and can't find quick information.
I'm a pro press photographer. I'm fed up with carting the laptop round for local press jobs and want to use my iPad 3 ( iOS 9) and a Nikon d750 camera to send a few selected pics to the picture desk after each shoot. I need to add captions somewhere too. Most of the talk surrounding SS seems based on viewing pictures during a shoot which I don't really need . I've not found anyone talking about looking at images after a shoot in a local coffee shop or even the car ,quickly sorting through 30-50 images to find a few to select , then save these maybe to the iPad pictures app to sharpen lightn darken in Photoshop app ,resize and send by emai perhaps with the caption in the body of the email. All of this has to be fairly speedy and fluid as were paid not a lot these days for local press work.
Other option is I buy the SS app and have option of a refund but I'm not sure I Apple allow this
Thanks for your help
Mark
Kramrenraw

Re: Potential new user

Postby TheBrew » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:03 am

Hi Mark,

Sure, you can do that with ShutterSnitch.

There's a star rating feature so you can quickly narrow your picks down and you can edit the toolbar to have a caption-button for quick access to adding a caption to the metadata of the photo.

You'd probably also want to play with the Actions feature (gear-icon in the toolbar) that can automate the whole process a bit. (For example by adding geo-location / byline / copyright / watermark and saving the photos that are rated X stars or above to the camera roll.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Kramrenraw » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:15 am

Wow..super fast reply.
That all sounds great I'll download the app today and try to set it up.
Thank you

Ps .. I'm assuming I don't need an eye fi card as I have a d750 ?
Kramrenraw

Postby TheBrew » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:21 am

Correct. SS supports the native Wi-Fi in the D750. In the initial setup guide you just pick the "Nikon WU / Built-in Wi-Fi" option.

Hope you like it! :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Other Questions