iPad but it isn't recognized by backup

Questions that don't fit into any of the other categories

Re: Other questions

Postby jrhoffman75 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Hello. I have Shuttersnitch installed on iPad and Shuttersnitch backup on MacBook Air. Backup is running on Air; I start Shuttersnitch on iPad but it isn't recognized by backup. Both on same wireless network.

Any advice? Thank you.
jrhoffman75

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Does the device show up and ask for a password, and then fail. Or is the list just blank and nothing happens?

And have you been through the initial setup in ShutterSnitch (setting up a password)?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jrhoffman75 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:31 pm

Hello. Thanks for responding. ShutterSnitch is operational on the iPad and has been receiving photos from Eye-Fi via direct link - camera to iPad w/o Internet connection.

iPad and Mac are both now connected to same network. No response from ShutterSnitch Backup. Status window says to "Open ShutterSnitch on your device " which I have done - i.e. list is blank and nothing happens. Listening shows an IP number and Port 26000 on the iPad.
jrhoffman75

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Hm. Wonder if changing the networks has confused ShutterSnitch..

Try this:

Click the Home button, then double-click it to bring up the multitasking bar and then tap and hold any icon at the bottom. Once they've started shaking, find ShutterSnitch in the list and tap the red minus sign. Click one time on the Home button again and re-open ShutterSnitch - does ShutterSnitch Backup detect it now?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jrhoffman75 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:06 pm

That didn't correct it; I forgot to report that I had previously tried that. I don't have my camera handy, but when I get it I will try waking it up with camera, transfer a photo ti iPad and then report what happens.
jrhoffman75

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:39 pm

No need - that's not it :)

ShutterSnitch doesn't need any photos/collections to be found by ShutterSnitch Backup.

Perhaps it's a firewall thing - do you have a firewall enabled on your Mac?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jrhoffman75 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:24 pm

My last reply got dropped. I tried using my iPhone Hotspot and it worked OK. It must be something associated with the wireless system in the workplace.

Thanks for bearing with me.

You have a great product here.
jrhoffman75

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:29 pm

No problem :) And thanks!
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ade968 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:23 am

Hi,

I had a slight issue at home but it wasn't a bug. I have two wireless stations to cover the house and I need to make sure my iPhone is talking to the one my iMac talks to otherwise SSB can't see the phone. Your issue might be a base-station thing like mine.
ade968

Return to Other Questions