I cannot log more than 3.5 min. in GeoSnitch

Bugreports = Bugfixes

I cannot log more than 3.5 min. in GeoSnitch

Postby Sune-DK » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:39 pm

I got Shuttersnitch, so we can keep using our EyeFi card and use GeoSnitch for GeoTracking. It used to work great, tracking for a whole day at a time, and then we'd sync picts and locations in the evening. Alas, it no longer seems to work. Sometime between october and march it stopped logging after approx. 3 min. The time is not exact but stops before 4 min. of logging. It makes it fairly useless, regrettably.

System in October: iPhone 5.
System today: iPhone X

I do not know if this is related to the iPhone X update of -GeoSnitch or something else, but it no longer works for me - HELP! Anyone else seeing same problem with latest generation of iOS and GeoSnitch?

Best regards,

Sune, Denmark
Sune-DK

Re: I cannot log more than 3.5 min. in GeoSnitch

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:57 pm

If you go into the Settings app and find GeoSnitch in the apps list, does the "Location" setting say "Always" or just "While Using the App"?

Apps are put into deep freeze after about 3 minutes if they're not allowed to use sound or location updates in the background.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:13 pm

Just tested it here - yep. Mine is also killed after ~3 minutes. Thanks for reporting it, will look into it!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:06 am

It looks like it needs an extensive re-write this one. Apple's been tightening the rope on apps running in the background.

I've removed GeoSnitch from sale until I have a fix ready. Can't say how long it'll take, sorry.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:15 pm

Alright, version 1.5 was just approved and should show up on the App Store very soon.

Since it ended up being almost a complete rewrite, I also added support for iPad. Thanks for reporting the bug!
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Bugs